Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Zombie FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 13:25
I've been working on this a long time, but mostly because I've been learning to model, uv map, animate and program. Anyway, this is my first thing that has shown decent progress. It's an First person shooter where you go around shooting zombies. Not exactly creative, but everyone starts somewhere There are 5 weapons, a pistol, a sniper rifle(can't scope), a grenade, a thompson, and a shotgun. Pressing 1-5 changes weapons. WASD moves, and you look and shoot with the mouse. There are 5 levels, there isn't a story, so the level transitions don't really make sense. In the menu, make sure you press near the center of the text to make it work. I think I might have multiplayer sometime, but not at the moment, so don't try pressing the multiplayer button in the menu. In the first level, you have to get artifacts, which are the blue dots in the radar. Then a boss will appear if you kill all the other zombies. I made it that when you die, you keep going, so you can see all the levels. It's not that long, so you just play them in order nonstop. Anyway, give it a try, and tell me what you think.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 14:09
Hi man;

Played it through - it's very good for a (first?) attempt.

Just some thoughts - I think you chiefly need to work on the AI, and sound. I think right now the gameplay just consists of running around with zombies moving straight towards you. If somehow there was a bit more stealth as you moved around the canyons etc - The game play is simply too basic.

Graphics; nice DB charm

Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 14:20 Edited at: 5th Dec 2009 14:20
Hey,

I had a go at the first level and it's a good start. Like Drew said, the AI and Sound need some work. Also, to make it more immersive, make the lighting more dramatic; for example, make the textures brighter and the corners darker, light mapping is your friend here

And here's a screenshot for everyone else

Attachments

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 15:13
You might want to make the gun a little closer to the player and make it point forwards.

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 15:31
@Drew Cameron Thanks for playing it. I totally forgot about sound I think I'll try adding crouching for some more stealth, make some more levels and stuff.
@Serial Velocity Thanks for playing. Also, is there a way to do light mapping for free? I know there is dark lights, but I don't like plugins you have to pay for. Thanks for putting up the screen shot. I couldn't igure out how to do that
@kaedroho You mean like aiming down the sight? I guess I'll try that. Did you play it through?
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 15:58
Oh yeah that was my other thing. NEEDS a cross hair.

Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 18:36 Edited at: 5th Dec 2009 18:37
Quote: "Also, is there a way to do light mapping for free?"

As far as I know, not without using DarkLIGHTS.

Quote: "Thanks for putting up the screen shot."

Getting a screenshot is easy, just hit Print Screen (Prt Sc) on your keyboard and paste into a paint document.

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 19:02
Added a crosshair, its not 100% exact, but its good enough. I also added crouching, heres a screenie.

Attachments

Zeroff
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good. I kinda like the models. Good job

Yet to have a signature
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 20:02
Looks good, but I have one big suggestion. Change the textures for the scenery. The texture's for your guns and the enemy are simple but the environment textures are detailed. And generally if you want a game to look really good you want to keep constant quality graphics throughout. So try changing those stone textures so it's simpler and I'm positive it will begin to look more professional. Good luck!

Your bedtime story is scaring everyone
If found my very own Fail!: http://cheezburger.com/View.aspx?aid=2712171776
ozmoz
Years of Service
User Offline
Good luck
Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 23:24 Edited at: 13th Dec 2009 00:41
Here's a bit of an update. I haven't had a lot of time on my hands lately, but I added a new mode. Its called Computer Deathmatch in the menu. Basically, its just a free for all with you and 11 other zombies(the ones with guns) shooting at each other. Whenever you or a zombie dies, you spawn in a random place and keep going. It never ends, and I haven't come up with a kill system yet, I just thought I'd put it up to see if its worth putting more effort into. I gotta get some sounds in here too . The file in this post is just the .exe, so in case you downloaded the first file, you won't have to download all the media again(there is not any new media). If you downloaded it, just replace the old .exe with the new one. If not, just download the first .zip and replace the exe in it with this one.

Attachments

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 23:32
Screenshot

Attachments

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 23:34
Screenshot 2

Attachments

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 23:34
Screenshot 3

Attachments

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 12:50
Yeah, I always wanted to strike down some zombies with a Tommy Gun!
Looks good so far!
Is it about highscores or just survival?

P.S.: Gruß nach Heidelberg!

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 18:25
I think its gonna be about a highscore for the deathmatch mode, and survival for regular. Nice to see someone else in Germany. Danke
Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2010 15:58
Hey guys. Just thought I'd let you know I'm not dead and that I'm still working on this. Not much to show though, just a screenshot or 2. The screenshot is from a level I'm working on where zombies spawn and you just have to stay alive for an amount of time. Sorry to bump without much to show, but I'm getting close to not posting on it in a month and that locks it, so yeah.

Codesurge is so awesome, thanks Hyrichter.

Attachments

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 17:09
Heres an actual update. I finally added some gun sound effects and music(by Peacemaker), and I made some more levels. In level 6 and 8, zombies spawn in certain places and you have to live for 2 minutes to win. Also, the levels in the "More levels" part of the select screen don't do anything, I just have them there for later. There will be some screenshots in the next posts. Anyway, thanks for looking at my WIP.

Attachments

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 17:48
This a screenshot of level 6.

Attachments

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 17:50
This is a screeshot of level 7.

Attachments

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 17:51
This is a screenshot of level 8.

Attachments

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 17:52
This is a screenshot of level 9 (the last one for now).

Attachments

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 18:06 Edited at: 17th Jan 2010 18:08
Achievement unlocked:
Posting 7 times in a row.

But this does actually look kinda cool with outdoor parts now.

If you made it a little lighter and not quite as flat-shaded, it would look awesome.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:48:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:48:50