Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Looking for music to accompany an 'End of Level Boss'

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 18:37 Edited at: 9th Dec 2009 18:39
Searching the internet for suitable music is quite possibly the most difficult search you can do. Not only do you have to find a web site that holds music but you must download and listen to each file before deciding if it is suitable!

I have spent most of today trying to find music for my end of level boss but nothing is quite right. So, instead I am resorting to asking to for help. I'm not asking anyone to create music for me but if you have any sitting around on your hard drive that you think would go with my game and you don't mind passing it on, it would be very much appreciated.

To give you an idea of what I am looking for: The game is a top-down vertical scrolling sci-fi shooter set on Mars that I am writing for a university project. The menu uses a piece of music called 'The Governator' which is a 'Terminator' sound-a-like and the main game will (hopefully - I haven't asked him yet) use Fallout's 'Martians' which is a sound-a-like (but in a drum and bass stylee) of Holst's 'Mars' from 'The Planets'.

I need something for the end of level boss that is fast paced and tense and ideally but not essentially would have a few seconds of build up so that the player know something big is coming.

I know it sounds like I have quite a specific request but it isn't really ... I would be happy with anything because right now I have nothing.

Here's a screeny of the boss: (it's an early screenshot - there will be a lot more action on screen for the release build)

Thanks

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you checked out my soundclick page? http://www.Soundclick.com/peacemaker if you find anything you like on there you can use it

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 03:46 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 03:47
Hi Scraggle.Game looks cool from the pic

What kind of music you would like, 8 bit tracks like "R type" type a game or full 16/24 bit like "star track".

Also would ask one of your tracks already in the game for an example so that I can get a general idea how it sounds like.

You can also check out http://ngxmusical.newgrounds.com/audio/

or

This thread http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152232&b=34

They are all free download and free to use.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 10:33
Thanks ... it's all sorted now

I have permission to use Fallout's 'Martians' and I found another of his tracks 'Chainmail' to be a perfect option for the Boss.

Thanks Fallout

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 02:55
i like how your going for the arcade type look with the long screen height.....

looks good man

SMD3DInteractive

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 11:46:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 11:46:26