Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Ninja3 shareware (finally) released...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

Whilst going through my old games, I found the shareware version of Ninja3 which I don't think I ever actually got round to releasing. I was trying to complete the full game, but never got round to it. The end result is the completed shareware of one of my best titles, but no full game.

Ninja3 is a cel-shaded, top-down shoot-em-up. It is made entirely in DBC (e.g. NOT Pro).

If you're interested, there are two full levels to play through (about 10-15 minutes of game time), two characters, and five or six different bad guys to blow up. Oh, and a few powerups.

Here are some screenies:

And finally, you can download the shareware version from here:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ben.ward/ninja3/Ninja3Setup.exe (6Mg)

Let me know what you all think! I've been away from DB for so long and I need to get back in the swing of things!

Wriggler
ESC_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2003 23:10
Ah, I remeber this game! You were doing that underwater rts also, right? Anyways, downloading now

"That's not a bug, it's a feature!"
"Variables won't, constants aren't."
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2003 23:16
Will download tomorrow

Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't
Bus station = where bus stops. Train station = where train stops. Workstation = ?
Wriggler
Years of Service
User Offline
ESC_:
Yup, that's right. It was called Project Aqua, and had a really successful first release with DBC. I intended to move both projects to Pro, but we now all know with hindsight that was a baddd idea. Both of the games kind of got caught in development limbo, so I thought I'd release what I could of Ninja3.

If you are interested in the Project Aqua alpha (and missed it the first time round), then let me know and I'll make it available.

Cheers,

Wrig
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2003 05:51

I like the cartoony look...its cell shaded right?

THe Voices are funny btw

the only thing i dont really like is the sound for the guns... they get kinda annoying (ie the machinegun hurts your ear and the "pulse cannon" sounds really weak)

Also, there are some times when the game freezes then resumes.I dont know if thats a hardware or software problem.

other than that it a pretty well made game

Those who Fight with swords get killed by those who don't
Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2003 06:32
I wanna see project aqua it sonuds great

Don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored! Faint - Linkin Park

One minute your on top! Next you're not, watch you drop! Linkin Park- Hit the Floor
Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2003 06:32 Edited at: 5th Sep 2003 06:32
in fact if u dont want it id love it if u gave vexen software permission to use it

EDIT: eep meant to edit sorry about that

Don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored! Faint - Linkin Park

One minute your on top! Next you're not, watch you drop! Linkin Park- Hit the Floor
Wriggler
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback!

"THe Voices are funny btw" - yeah they are all placeholders, but I couldn't be bothered to make any decent samples for this release!

"the only thing i dont really like is the sound for the guns... they get kinda annoying (ie the machinegun hurts your ear and the "pulse cannon" sounds really weak)" - Hmm ok I can see what you mean. Although I won't do much about it now, I'll take your advice in future games. Besides, my favourite ship has the best sfx, but it's locked in the shareware.

"Also, there are some times when the game freezes then resumes.I dont know if thats a hardware or software problem." -That's an error with DBC. It happens when ever the music track ends. If you have used "loop music" on a .midi it seems to pause for a second to rewind it. I've tried many workarounds, but nothing seemed to change it. As far as I'm aware it doesn't happen in Pro.

I'll see what I can do about Aqua...

Vexen?

Wrig
Hell IVIonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2003 13:32
FYI, I solved the loop music problem. Before you game loop, put this:
load music "whatever.mid", 1

In the game loop, put this:
if music playing(1)=0
stop music 1
play music 1
endif

Wriggler
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice, but if I remember rightly the "music playing()" function really ate into my fps...

Might have just been the machine I was on at the time...

Wrig

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:15:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:15:09