Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / introducing jacks graduation, a collection game

Author
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 05:56 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 07:06
Here is jack, a 30 something that has finley graduated from collige.he has had hard times but this is finley his week. but wait, ohh no. a shoole bully has taken all of jacks collige credits and through them all over the collige. its up to you to help jack find all his credits so he can finley graduate.

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xcan9hXiKw

Video quality may improve once processing is complete.

pictures

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 06:17
Looks pretty cool, but it definitely needs some work.
Lights.
It needs several well placed lights
Maybe slightly lowered ambience?
And it is a bit flat, mybe some more bumps or something?

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 06:22 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 06:24
well, its a cartoon syle kids game so i will not worry to much on how it looks really, yes it needs work,like some more school buildings but your on it right? as far as lights, I find in games like this,lights are hardly ever needed, there will be some lights in places but verry far and few. thanks for the comments.

edit, i would also like to add one more thing, its hard to show a game with just pictures becouse in a picture it looses alot of detail, ill add a video soon.

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
For some reason I like how easy it is to see, usually I'll have to try looking real hard because alot of 3d games are so dark. But yah extra lights and bumps would be great.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 06:28
@Ashingda 27

thanks, i guess i will add lights to see how it looks

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 06:29
Yep, I'll email you the first 10 buildings tomorrow. (not done with them yet and going to bed now) BTW nice character

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 07:03
ok, a little update on this, I have made a first leval video, go here to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xcan9hXiKw

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 22:59
You know, you could put a one big light acting as a sun. And then lower your ambience. I know it's a kids game, but I don't just like that ambience. Maby that's just me, but I really don't like so high ambience.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 07:21
ok, here is an update on this game, the first leval is compleate, finley,lol. it was alot of work and alot of time and alot of coding but it was worth the effort. everything works real good now as the controlls and player movement. I added security guards in so if you run in there zone you get fined time. they run after you then stop you then you loose 1 min off your time for the game play. also added some clocks to collect so if you pick up a clock you gain time. here are some screen shoots.

thanks for looking

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 08:38 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 08:41
looking good, Daniel wright 2311 but if it's still got the "farting footstep" sound effect from the video, i won't play it!
(really, that sound drove me nuts watching the video)

keep up the good work!

ah, here. make a power up out of this so i can play, will you?

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 09:00
lol, ok, thats the third person complaing of the foot steeps, its out of here,lol. ill find one more sutible for shure, thanks for the gas-x, it helped my player, hes all better.

BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 19:50
Jack's face is nothing short of awesome.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:32
@BearCDP

im sorry my friend, im 36 years old and i have never heard of this, nothing short of awesome. is this a good thing or a bad thing?. im not up to the jive talk today, please explain. if you dont like it thats ok i just want to know what that comment ment? thanks,lol.

scutheotaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good, I really like the look of "Jack". It definitely needs more/better lighting and more ambiance, I think.

Oh, and "nothing short of awesome" means that it is really "cool", "awesome" or (in this case) "good looking" - so it's a good thing
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 04:05
you said

It definitely needs more/better lighting and more ambiance, I think

i say this, thanks for the compliments

the game will have no extra litghting as its a kids game or for people that like games that are beat the clock games.its a real addictive game, even though im the one that wrote it and built it I find myself always trying to beat my last score and time.its not drawn to people that are into dark games or adventure games, even though it plays like an adventure game its still just a simple collection game. collecting items like in supper marrio brothers. but all in 3d. ill even have it to where you will have power ups for high jumps and i will get platforms for him to jump on to get that extra point. thanks for looking

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 04:30
Looks great, I love the Character!
Great job on this Dan!

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 12:47 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 12:47
well i decided to use crazy talk 5 pro to make my movies for this game, i have jack all set up for talking animations with many many pictures. i have on already made as a default, go to my web site to check it out, on the front page. its the movie there so this prosess will be alot easier.

http://danielwright2311.weebly.com/index.html

scutheotaku
Years of Service
User Offline
haha, that talking animation looks really good. Just curious, how easy is it to put that animation together and sync it with the audio?

CUBID - a cartoony First Person Platformer + Level Editor
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162570&b=8
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 15:29
well, its pretty easy to learn, very simple acully. just load any piture up then follow the easy directions then your all set up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 14:31:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 14:31:13