Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Evaluation Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
To whom it may concern,
I am evaluating Dark Basic Pro, along with a friend of mine to use in our 3D project, however we have run into a few issues, which we cannot, find answers to. Keep in mind we are using the 30-Day Free Trial.

We did a test of Textured landscape, rather basic (images below). And it turned out rather horrible. We attempted to turn on some form of what we thought was Texture Filtering but received no change in effect.

This For example was some of the code that has been used:

The colored rectangles in the texture look horrible from a distance. The non-filled rectangles have multiple pixel borders and yet they appear dotted.

If the above is correct is this something that is corrected in the full version?

The Image:

Thank you for any help you might be able to offer.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 09:09
Seems okay with the supplied media

Yes, I really am THAT good...
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 10:56
Any chance of posting your JPG somewhere ?

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Dreamora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 12:49
That's what DBP is doing with my matrices too ... totally "washed" textures and the distance in which the texture LoD is activated it's completely useless cause it's that near, that it looks even worse than CS Ground-LoD which has washed textures too ...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:47:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:47:14