Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / First Protools\Reason(ReWired) Track

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys! I thought I'd share a song I made over this last term for an electronic music class. This is the first real track I have made in Protools, so it's not as smooth as I would like...and I would have preferred more time to lengthen and mix the song, but the class ended.

So anyway, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymm0ymmlwyg

Please don't use this song for any purpose other than private listening...I faded part of the track out just in case. Not that I think it's that good.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 00:27
It sounds pretty swell
Awesome for a first try! Especially like the piano part near the end.

For the critique, then.
Some of the piano tones are too low, to that point where they just sound doughy. You should try going up an octave at a strategic place when you are about to reach those tones instead.

Also, the intro and "interludium" (it's the same part) gets a bit repetitive after the four first bars. What would probably do well with the particular genre would be to put a sweeping cutoff filter over the last four bars.

Again, great first track... but a class on electronic music? Where can I find one of those?

Cheers,
Rudolpho

Lemonade
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Rudolpho! It's my first Protools song, but I have used FL Studio for a long time.

I think I know what you mean about the Piano. Sometimes the track gets "muddy"...that's one reason why I wanted to mix it more.

That's a good idea for the intro, but I still haven't figured out how to do cutoff filters in Protools.

My college offers several electronic music classes. They have a room filled with macs, pianos, midi boxes, mixers and JV1010s.

Thanks for the compliments and comments!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:56:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:56:38