Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Pokemon Stadium (Darkbasic game demo)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,
Been years since i been checkin darkbasic website and im really happy
that there are many new features and cool additions that you can use to make
great games. I always wanted to make games and i started with the old version
of darkbasic. i wasn't doing much more than simple 2d games and when i wanted
to tackle 3d game programming i realised that in order to make good 3d games
I really need to learn 3d and become a good modeler. That's how i started......
after a few years i started working in the industry as a 3d character modeler and that's what i was
doing for a few years. I really felt like i need a change so i started working as a web developer in
flash and than a few weeks ago one of my clients asked me if it's possible to create an online game,
and i said that it shouldnt be a problem. i started working on the game straight away!
after a few hours the passion of game design got a hold of me.. and that's how i came up with this project......

Back when i was using darkbasic as a teen i was a big pokemon fan. i didn't own a nintendo 64 back then
but i always wanted to play pokemon stadium... i couldn't really afford the game console and the game because
back then it was pretty expensive and i didn't have money of my own so i tried to create my own version of pokemon
stadium but i failed misrebly. I decided to start learning game development all over again and i thought it might be a good idea
to start with darkbasic . i also felt that it was only right to complete the mission that i started years ago and at the same time
practice my animation skills and learn a bit about special effects.

So the game is gonna be pretty straight forward!
Im going to create 6 different types of pokemons, 2 trainers and a stadium.
Im not going to go fancy with the modeling ! im just going to try and achieve the old n64 look after all
the whole point of the game is developing and not modeling !
the interface will match the n64 interface with a few minor changes that will make it a bit more easy to use on a computer.
each pokemon will have a different level and four different attacks ! I will try to create a veriaty of attacks in order
to learn a bit more about special effects and particles using darkbasic!

The whole process of developing the game will be probably take me a good while
because i also have a job and a life but im really keen to start and finish it as soon as possible!
Im also working on my new company website so i will let you know when it's done if you want to check it out!

I will need a lot of advises and help from the people on the forums if you will be kind enough to help
because i really want to create a great showcase for the darkbasic engine !
I will also ask you guys for your opinions because you will probably be the only one that will end up playing it!

I will create a to-do list in the next couple of days...
I will keep a seperate post for 3d art and i will keep editing it with new information!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 00:23
Thread Locked

This thread has been locked for the following reason: Work-In-Progress means you've actually got something to show people.

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of theses terms, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 23:10:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 23:10:22