Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Deformable, Object subtraction, Carving.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,
Heres some BG about me:
I just bought Dark Physics, I've had DBPro for over a year and programmed a little 2d space shooter. I also do some 3d modelling for fun in my spare time.

Now I'm interested in using physics to code a new game.

What I was wondering is- what math do i need to know -and- what coding technique will best serve a type of 'A minus B' object subtraction type affair. To clarify, I'm interested in a way to 'carve' out terrain... If anyone remembers a game called 'Red Faction' it did something similiar to great effect. I'd just like to know where to begin, I'm guessing some kind of deformable rigid body.

I'm sure someone else out there would find this forum post helpful, since there really seems to be a lack in information on the forums in this particular field.

Thanks
P.S- (I'm still waiting on the Dark Physics bundle to arrive in the post! looking forward to this christmas)
Nights Bane
Years of Service
User Offline
Found a thread on deformable metal material. I think this could work for a red faction style terrain.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=133354&b=30

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:48:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:48:38