Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Refund for Dark Physics/DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought DBPro and Dark Physics a bit over 3 years ago. I bought them for one specific purpose. An image / promotion showed a functional "Make Cloth From Object". That has never been implemented. This is, quite literally, the *only* reason I bought this software. I have even installed it a few times, trying to make some other solution that works, but to no avail. Is there a way to get a refund, albeit three years out, on a deal that was made based on a lie?
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 22:32
Theres a demo in the DarkPhysics Update (V1.05 i think) showing the make cloth from object command if I remember correctly.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:39
Quote: "Theres a demo in the DarkPhysics Update (V1.05 i think) showing the make cloth from object command if I remember correctly."

No there is not, they never implemented the command, and it seems they never will. I think I will join you on trying to get a refund, not just for this but a lot of things that were promised with dark physics and never happened or was implemented poorly.

Probably contact customer services, there is a section somewhere on this website, failing that maybe emailing the creators pleading with them to fix dark physics but they have said they are not updating it.
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 10:15 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 10:15
Ah, must of been a demo in the PhysX sdk I was thinking of then.

I must admit, DarkPhysics seems like a half-assed product. Half the things the PhysX engine can do are missing from it. For example, tearable soft bodies and cloth made from objects (granted, both are almost the same).

Plenty of bugs to be fixed too.

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 15:35
Write directly to TGC, they are open to deals, in my own experience.

May the 3d force B with U
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 15:43
I already got a refund for it, the triggers dont work, you can only have one trigger set up to work with the whole leval.I use nothing but sparkys now.

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 18:05
You may want to keep at least 1 eye on this guys project too: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162138&b=8

He's making a wrapper for Havok physics engine for DBP. All well within Havoks licence too. It's given me something to look forward too.

DEastham
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all for your replies. I have requested a refund. Since purchasing Dark Basic Pro 3 years ago, I have learned to program games in C++ and C#, and just use regular APIs now (XNA mostly). I had really hoped to keep DBPro on as a sort of game sketchpad, but it's truly disheartening to know that the one (and only) reason that I bought it will never come to pass. I am finally working with the PhysX SDK, and it's not much more difficult than deciphering DBPro commands. (I'm not knocking DBPro, though.)
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 01:09
I'd advise waiting for xarshi's havok plugin, he's releasing it in late january...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 17:55:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 17:55:51