Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Flight Simulator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2009 00:55
I am making a flight simulator/air force game and I wanted it to be able to have a particle trail when it turns on the afterburners, or when you fire a misile. I looked at the Particle Emission command, but sadly I couldn't understand how it was supposed to work. Another thing I wanted to learn more about is how to make terrain, and use skyspheres.

Please post any help.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2009 20:18
Look in the WIP board for BlitzTerrain and XenoPhysics. These are going to be very cool for games requiring terrain, especially large terrains like a flight simulator. The first release of BlitzTerrain isn't going to include terrain streaming I don't think, but when that feature comes out that's what you're going to want. Endless terrain...

Skyspheres are pretty easy to understand. Make a very large sphere with a negative size. The negative size puts the face that gets textured on the inside of the sphere. Now just texture it with an appropriate image. Skyboxes work the same way, but require 6 separate images that you put on each face of the box.

Huntinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 01:24
Thanks, i'll look into those.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:44:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:44:40