Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics no Hardware Acceleration

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased the Dark Game Studio Bonanza pack and here recently I finally decided to try out darkphysics. However every-time I try to run any demo I just get "Unable to Create Scene", "Unable to access Physx Accelerated Hardware or the demo will run but only in software mode. Oddly though some of the demo's that came with dark physics seem to run fine in hardware mode. Like Kenneth Bugeja's Fluid demo. I was just curios as to if anybody knew why I can't seem to run darkphysics in hardware acceleration.

Thanks,

Raven
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2010 18:09
I had a similar problem when I got Dark Physics (not that I've used it much, so some of this info may be a bit vague). It could be that you need the latest PhysX Drivers, but i suspect you're trying to turn on hardware acceleration when you don't have a physX Processor to turn on.

It's not a problem, modern graphics cards are so good they don't really need a dedicated chip for physics, but you may not be able to do anything with fluids (except crash your computer, they take a LOT of processing power!)

Somewhere in each example is a command "Phy Start". You'll have to check the help files (Don't have a copy with me at the moment) for the numbers that follow this command, but one parameter is something like "Hardware mode", or "Hardware Acceleration". Make sure this is set to zero, i.e. off.

The programs should now run fine (Just watch out on the if/endif surrounding the Phy Start command, make sure you trigger the right thing). Hope this helps!

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive. I'd fly you round the universe, in Fireball XL5..."
Raven67854
Years of Service
User Offline
@Robert the Robot
I thought it was my Physx Drivers however I have the latest version. I went on ahead and grabbed them before I made the post to just make sure. Also I have a 9800 GTX so I should be able to run hardware accelerated physics. Oh well I was just curious as to why it didn't work. Thanks for your help.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2010 23:38
quick check list, you may have already done all this.

1. DirectX 9c installed.
2. Physx drivers installed updated.
3. Graphic drivers updated.
4. DarkPhysic updated to 1.05.
5. DarkPhysX activation code installed.
6. Vista told to ok Darkbasic and PhysX.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2010 15:05 Edited at: 6th Jan 2010 15:08
7. You need a second graphics card (or an Ageia physics processing card) to be able to use it for hardware physx acceleration. Processing graphics and physX at the same time on the same card isn't possible.
8. If you do have an Agiea PPU card, quoted from wikipedia: "Support for the Ageia PPU solution was dropped for Windows 7."

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2010 15:59
Raven67854 which driver version are you using is it 9.09.1112 or a lower one.

the one that works ok for me is 9.09.0814 tried the above one but just crashes, show the ms error box send, don't send.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:12:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:12:56