Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Scrolling help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey could someone help me with scrolling I have DATA statments that make up a map, how would I make it so when my character gets in the center of the x-axes (meaning when my character gets to the middel of the screen) I want it to scroll the screen in the drection he is facing and if there is no map so scroll then the charactor moves in the drection he was facing until he/she hits a tile that he/she can not passthrew

If your not sure what I mean and have a SNES with Chrono Trigger
load it up and go to the fair (the frist town) and move around in leenie square I want to know how to do that!

Windows! The game that never ends.
CaptainOuais
Years of Service
User Offline
easy !!!

i have do that's in my game diam diam

your scrolling must follow your character !! when he reach a x point (500 if your have 640*480 screen) the scrolling work !!

if the map can not scroll because it's the end, you move the character to the end of the screen !!

this is like that is my game because all the map is a data (rock,alien,slim) and the player can only move when the way is free in the data !!!

@++

Cpt-Ouais !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 13:22:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 13:22:35