Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Sound and music sources

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 21:19 Edited at: 12th Jan 2010 21:19
I've had a huge list of bookmarks to all kinds of places where I could buy sound effects(packs) and musical peaces prepared for games. Here's the question; where do you get quality sound effects and music for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

PS:
I hope this is allowed on these forums and if not, a mod can close this thread of course.

Regards,
Sph!nx
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 02:44 Edited at: 13th Jan 2010 02:46
Are you asking where to find music or you have music for sale? ... Or you have bookmarks where to find cheap music loops?

im confused

edit: ok now im thinking your looking for cheap music loops because all your bookmarks are expensive?

SMD3DInteractive
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 15:06
I do think it's clear, though I could have formulated my first sentence a little better.

Though this one can't be any clearer:
Quote: "Here's the question; where do you get quality sound effects and music for a reasonable price?"

With this I'm asking directions to the places where one can buy sound FX and music to use in games.

Regards,
Sph!nx
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 18:00 Edited at: 15th Jan 2010 18:39
sfx... im not sure... but im sure there is alot of people on this forum that give music away for free.... There is a bunch of great people on this forum that are good at making music.All my music i make is free....but im still learning and am not very good yet.

ill wip up a zip file that you can download in a sec...

edit: ok here is a link...

http://www.jeku.com/sheldon/screenshots/Samples.zip

If you want to try to write your own music you can try my free midi music editor...

Download Here:
http://www.jeku.com/sheldon/qmidi/QmidiOnline.zip

SMD3DInteractive
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 13:27 Edited at: 16th Jan 2010 13:32
Thanks SMD_3D Interactive! You got some real talent here, sounds really cool!

Though, we are looking for something less midi-like.

In the past, before my bookmarks got messed up, I had sources where I could buy music that sounded like real orchestras and stuff. Probably one guy, a synthesizer and a computer, but there were some mighty impressive musical pieces.

I've fiddled with music maker in the past (I know, due to copyrights, not good for games) but that's prolly all I can do. I'm part of a small developers group, and alas, I'm the only coder. I wish I had more time!

Regards,
Sph!nx
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 16:44
Quote: "Land of Legends "

This game looks realy good... Id love to work on a project like that. Im just finishing up a new midi editor and am jumping in to writting a 3d game engine next.

Im sure if you look online you could find royalty free music easy enough.....cheap? i dont know.... but a project like your land of legends probably deserves some money invested into the music.
Good luck!

SMD3DInteractive
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 18:08 Edited at: 17th Jan 2010 19:48
Yeah, I guess you're right, though last time I searched I could not find the links I had and was wondering what others might have/know.

Thanks about your nice comment! Land of Legends is actually a mod on Half-life. I've managed to write the base of a game engine with DB-pro and we are in pre-production of a standalone Land of Legends 2. That's why I'm trying to get info on all angles, including sound and music.

We can always use a sound and music expert on our team! Got any experience on music effects?

Regards,
Sph!nx
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 19:55
well im probaby better at programming then anything but id be happy to help out in any way.

email me: smd_3d@hotmail.com

let me know what your after and i will see what i can come up with.... whether its some music,sfx,3d modeling/animation, or some programming.

SMD3DInteractive
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 11:59
You can find some pretty good royalty free music free of charge here:

http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 23:04
Hey, if you are looking for sound effects, this is a great source
http://www.freesound.org/

But remember to credit the people who made the sounds you use, it says so in their agreement

The byte chrunchers are coming...
Background Music For Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there,just thought that this might be a useful resource to many.
www.jewelbeat.com is offering FREE music and sound effects that are available
for downloads. Pretty cool music on a safe site to visit.
I just got a few for myself,and felt it was worth to share.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:31:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:31:31