Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Shooter Creator[WIP]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 15:06 Edited at: 15th Jan 2010 18:43
Hi everyone im in a work in progress on Shooter Creator. Shooter Creator is going to be an easy editor to make shooter games. The engine will only support X and DBO object format. You can have to 10,000 objects! This is not like a level editor or anything. You have to make your models But Shooter Creator comes with free models that I make. The demo will be comming soon... The software is free. I might try turning it into a level editor when i have further updates. I have videos on my website at http://tylerman35creations.webs.com/apps/videos/

now im going to list the features that are ready and not ready
= Done
= Not finished

-Loading Objects in
-Check Point and Start Marker
-Test Game
-Build Game
-Save Game
-Load Game
-Drag and rotate objects
-Object Settings

Sadly not ready yet... Or No multiplayer features!
Sorry about the multiplayer im going to work on that after the first version of Shooter Creator comes out.

To find out more go to
Please join the commuitity =
http://tylerman35creations.webs.com/
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 17:20
This really isn't ready for a WIP post at all.

Loading Objects in: Prompt the user to pick a file, call Load Object with the path returned. Not too much work there.

Checkpoints / Start Points: Pick screen with the mouse coordinates, place an object down where the user clicked to represent the checkpoint... done.

Drag and Rotate Objects: Working with the same pick screen code, raycast downwards to get what object the player has clicked. If they're moving, either move it around with the mousemove speeds or position it under the mouse using the same pick screen code. If they're rotating, turn it left and right with the mousemove speeds.

Those three things are relatively simple to get working. You haven't provided any screen shots either (although I assume this is because it's essentially a mouse over a matrix with a few primitives to move around). By the time you get anything worth while into this program, people will have lost any interest they had in the beginning and it will sink to the bottom of the forum.

You're better off getting something interesting and a little more complex done, and then posting.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 18:29
Yup, to soon for a WIP.

Also, you need to add some code to keep your camera from rolling. In a click-and-drag editor it shouldn't roll.

I would let this thread die and come back to create a new WIP when you've got a lot more done.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 19:38
This looks pretty cool so far, I think we may be doing something similar soon for dosp(DarkGDK open source project), keep posting updates.

I find that it provides good motivation when other people are following what you are doing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 03:14:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 03:14:17