Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Invisible walls in DarkPhysics...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 15:20
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem.

Basically, when I set up my Character Controller, he's walking around find, colliding with walls fine and can go up most stairs successfully. However, for some reason there are "invisible walls" in the stage that he cannot go through. I've turned the step-up value as high as it will go but I still can't get rid of it.

He can walk up most stairs, but there's like, invisible walls there for some reason.
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Use the debugger (download the latest from NVidia).

Probably some steep angles/slopes in the physics created from you scenery model. Slopes can be like a carpet edge to the character controller, but if the angle is steeper than the slope value the CC cant go up them ).

Regards
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 11:45
if it a box or capsule Character Controller, half the height and width or radius, all measurements are taken form the center of the Character object.

You could download the PhysX SDK file which are in C++ and read how they do it, this where I got the above information.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2010 20:09
I fixed it. For some reason, when you use Position object after you set the object as a rigid body it does not work correctly...makes sense because the physics engine governs the position and rotation of the object...what was I thinking? lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:55:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:55:24