Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / FTP Plugin + Visual C++ 2008 Source

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2010 18:31 Edited at: 1st Feb 2010 18:47
Hello,

It has been a long time since my last post, but recently I was convinced to make a comeback. It was requested of me that I make a new FTP plugin for Dark Basic Professional.

I have done just that and I have decided to make the source code freely available to everyone.

First I would like to recognize James Hill aka Arenas. He emailed me saying it would be great if I had made a new one. He is responsible for all my testing up to this point and he is responsible for making the keywords file for syntax highlighting.

I would like to point out that the DLL is not 100% bug free yet. For the most part it seems to be working fine, but some commands have a little bit of bugs left. I encourage you guys to let me know the bugs you find and or fix them in the source code.

The source was made with Visual C++ 2008 Professional Edition. If you are a student you can download it for free from the Microsoft DreamSpark website. I used the WinINet API that is built into Windows.

Any updates to the DLL or my other work can be found on my website.

Enjoy

Nic Raboy aka Lone Programmer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
It is a real disappointment that this thread hasn't had more attention. The capabilities of this dll rival that of Gogas. What's more is that this is all free and took some time to make.

.CALIBRE - COMING MAY 2010
The Lone Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2010 21:54
Heh, well I thought people would like that I've released fully commented source code to the plugin. Not a lot of fully functional plugins out there with source code. Only the trivial stuff.

Its all good though. I will try to enhance it for you some time Arenas.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 06:34
Just ran across this, very nice of you to release the code. A
small ftp dll is great to have. Adding Secure FTP would be a
great addition if you are looking at expanding it. Hope you
continue with this.

Thanks

Shall we play a game?” - Joshua
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 14:02 Edited at: 27th Feb 2010 14:03
Could you please go into the code bit and delete the .ncb file? its not needed as it can be regenerated and its about 15MB, so it really slows down download speed.

The Lone Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 21:48
Thanks for the tip kaedroho. I am attaching the new smaller sized version. It can also be found on my website.

tschwarz, I will try as a side project, but I wouldn't count on it too soon because of my shortness on time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:27:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 19:27:51