Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkBASIC, or DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I just joined this forum, and heh, I had no luck with the darkbasic board, but so I don't be a pest I'll ask different ones here...

is darkmatter and the cartography shop compatible with darkbasic pro?

ok I know this thing is compatible with .bsp map files, so I know it's possible to create maps using worldcraft (half life mapper that makes .bsp's after a long compile process) but my pc isn't powerful enough to compile the .map file into a .bsp file so is the cartography shop compatible with dbpro?

My pc meets the average requirements for dbpro-except that my processor is P1 400 mhz, yet all my other stuff goes beyond the reccomended specs, will dbpro run smoothly?

For internet play, is it possible to make the internet mode like Half Life's style? (A server menu, no filter option but it has a list of servers made with x amount of people max and x people are in the server)

is the dbpro coding language the same as darkbasic just it has more commands?

I haven't gotten the trial version of darkbasic just yet, but instead I have been reading various tutorials for it instead, and I can understand about 70% of the coding so far, and that's without any knowledge of darkbasic at all.

Just to tell you I'm going to download the trial verison of darkbasic tomorrow, I've been swamped with homework from prison-I mean school, and am too busy to use the computer
ssjman
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I think I'm being an idiot here but I can't find an edit button here, this style is totally different than what I'm used to, if someone could point it out to me (without flaming please) that would be appreciated.

Anyways the reason I double posted was that, and I just got a quick specs test (the hundreds of models moving at once thing on the downloads page) at 7200 polys on screen I got 14-19 fps, which is fine for me, so don't awnser about the 'will it run laggy' question I said.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2002 04:02
Hi,

You can use all of the models and textures that are part of DarkMATTER with DBPro, but obviously the DB Extension is useless in this instance (because it only upgrades the classic DB language). Cart Shop will work fine too.

Hope these answers get you started.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
ssjman
Years of Service
User Offline
*days later*

Ok thanks!

Nah, thanks but one more question, for reflecting surfaces, is it possible to have it so that it shows a main texture as well as a light reflection of something? Like say I wanted to make a board of finely polished wood, is that possible?

Also, a quick question for the actual coding, (this is a dumb question but oh well) to start the actual thing, would I just do a command that means "load model; focus that as main player; load level;"

(I know it's a lot more advanced but is that how you do it? Just with a lot more as well like camera angle etc I know, but is that it in a nutshell?)

Nextly, you can build menus right just before the game because most of the demo's I've downloaded off your site doesn't have a main menu, just loading screen and the actual game? (another dumb question I know)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:24:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:24:45