Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9][BOTB] Alpha Project - Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 20:31
I found a bug:

in the 3RD map, the char says: "damn need to find a other way true, maybe a ventilation chaft." you can shoot out the window. is that how it needed to be, or is it a fault.

regards,

don't ask untill tried everything
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
There is not just one sig, there are 2 sigs, i think that is ok

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 13:24
Quote: "in the 3RD map, the char says: "damn need to find a other way true, maybe a ventilation chaft." you can shoot out the window. is that how it needed to be, or is it a fault."

I thought it was ment to be like that, but... Not sure thou...

Quote: "There is not just one sig, there are 2 sigs, i think that is ok"

Ask teh mods. Maby if you put the mnext to eachother, it would be better. I think now it's breaking the maximum height of sigs.

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 16:38
Update:

Just added some gameplay videos to the first post. I'll be releasing a patch shortly to fix the window shader problem and a few other problems.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 19:07 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 19:07
Update:

1.1 Patch released!

Contains:
- Windows Shader Glitch fix
- Shader Disable function in loader
- New Rating and Heretic Studios intro video.
- Speed increase

Download Patch

Link is also on the first post.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice I will try it

From
Leon

Hello.There is my pics.And nice to meet all modeller,designer and many more
TheConnorian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2010 00:14
DUDE, to tell you the truth the thing that scared me the most was the damm doors! I hated them (and in a way loved them)!

I hated them because when they close they sound a bit like a dog and that scared me well you know. Having to check behind me just incase it was there, gave me teh hebebubajebes.

I loved them because of the noise that made you paranoid and that they made a great atmosphere, so for future horror game makers remember the more doors you have to open the more scared the player is of them!

10/10 - A must play for any horror game lovers
jules
Years of Service
User Offline
with which version of fpsc x9 did you create that game and how can i put that cool motion blur into the fpsc x 9 like you did?
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2010 21:18
@Leongamerz,

Hope you liked it.

@TheConnorian,

Well, as evil as I might be.. I enjoy scaring people. So I'm glad you got a scare from the game.

@jules,

I'd rather questions like this be sent to my email and left out of my games thread now. Although I'll answer it this time around. You use project blue and the shader/variable system. It should be included.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a pretty decent game. My main complaint is the voice acting, it doesn't really pull me into the story. It sounds scripted.

I just now realized I've had a typo in my signature for the past 3 years.
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 06:58
I love this game (as a FPSC game). After i was told i can bust down doors with the crow bar, i tried that the 2nd level to open a door... it didnt open, so i turned around and BAM a creepy mutant thing, i jumped a little, and hell, even most professional games dont do that!

I found the story a tad cheesy, kind of "Bioshockish" and the writing could have been improved. Also i hate the sound of the foot steps ><

Overall you are a great thriller, but the story is a tad generic in my opinion, hire a writer or make the loading screens say tooltips instead.

REllU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 17:56
Hye man, nice game u got there!
I didn't play it much though, cause i felled out from the map!
In the very first level, i thought that i can access to the PDA database thing in one room (in pretty early), and i walked to that, and then i was like "WTF, i didn't crouch!" And i didn't! Well, i started to run to somewhere, and my body was still like it was crouching, then i falled out from the level, and, ofcourse, died.
Now, i dont know if anyone else has sayd this, but i thought that i should post this, it was pretty annoying, cause i loaded the game for couple hours XD

Might be new at the forums, but an old user of FPS-C
http://www.setbb.com/rncompany/index.php?mforum=rncompany
Phoenix_Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Awsome game! I am in the process of making some thing similar (thats how I found this) but medieval, could you give me some tips on how to make it scary? I have four people but we are beginers, its our first game

Thanks

Phoenix Games

Incubus thread coming soon...
GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 05:09 Edited at: 29th Jan 2011 05:13
Wow dude! Very Nice graphics and gameplay.

Although there are a few irritating bugs, one of them is whenever I load my saved game, it falls off the map.

I also experienced this problem while developing my game, it was really hard and I struggled to fix it. I think this should be fixed in newer version of FPSC- falling from the map- getting stuck etc.

Well Done! Overall rating 9/10!

- GraPix
3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
I got some loading game problem.

Runtime Error 506 - Could not load image at line 1733.
CWD:C:\Program Files\Heretic Studios\Alpha Project Demo\Files
LOAD IIMAGE gamecore\huds\bond1\lobotomyvomitdds,583,1
Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Nicely done. Love it, I'll probably buy it when it comes out! I couldn't do anything much better myself.

I only have 2 suggestions, and they're just minor suggestions at that.
1. you should probably get a little ragdoll in there, just to add background atmosphere.
2. I would kind of like it if they jumped out and shrieked at you like they do in dead space. That would scare a lot of people.

Also, I get a couple bugs that have prevented me from playing the demo.
On my Vista, it just doesn't play it. (But yet again, my Vista is retarded) and on my XP, when my person looks into the light, a bunch of glowing bars spike all over my screen, and I can't really do anything about it.

So far, from the videos I saw, I give it a perfect 10/10. That's great work.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 05:13
Post to unlock.

-Keith

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 05:53
Update:

Hey guys,

Just updated the showcase thread for the V2 release. Thanks to Keith for unlocking. Any discussion regarding the V2 release can be here instead of the WIP thread.

TheVoxyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, or if it has happened to anyone else... but when I open the loader and click Play... nothing happens. It does the decompressing thing and then just goes back to Options, Play, Exit. I really want to play this! Suggestions?

THIS IS A SIGNATURE. I swear.
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2011 02:30
Install WinRar

New sig in the process of being made
TheVoxyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Um... I have WinRAR. What does that have to do with it anyways?

THIS IS A SIGNATURE. I swear.
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2011 03:33
@TheVoxyn,

It extracts the core files before running the game, so there might be a confliction with and compressed file extraction software on your computer (winzip,winrar etc).

Also try running the game as administrator and make sure there isnt any heavy cpu resource usage happening. Try and restart your computer and make sure there isn't any services on start up and run the game then.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 10:29
Just got round to playing this now, amazing work Lewis.

One thing I noticed was after the second or third level, if I melee'd the glass blood would squirt out. Very scary game, nice work.

Did you use any mods on this?

WizMod Developer.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2011 19:58
The V2 is great, you did some cool changes there, regarding gameplay too. I still think the arrows pointing where you should go are quite unnecessary, at least in the beginning.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:11:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:11:47