Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Telesketch (no media, dbpro)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 23:21
When i was a little kid, someone gives me a red toy with 2 white wheel. It has a golden screen and u could paint on it rolling the wheels. This is my tribute to Telesketch.

I hope you enjoy it.

Note: After shake it, it slows down. I would thank any help.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 23:50
good stuff, nice presentation, no idea how to fix ur problem

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 01:31
Have fixed your speed problem. You problem was going from DB's 2D mode to 3D mode. As soon as you start using sprites you activate DB's 3D mode which changes way things are rendered. So have avoided using sprites and simply paste your screen grab at different locations giving same effect.

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
Elthan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 02:13
Thank you ReD_eYe for your words.

Mr spooky, thank u very much. I´m changing the code right now.
Elthan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 02:25
Here is again. Thank u again spooky, now it´s perfect.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 03:47
Nice!

If you look at code I posted (which you obviously didn't see!) you will see you need to do a final 'cls' as you have remnant of final paste at bottom of screen. Other than that it's perfect.

For your info: if you put ,1 on end of 'get image' command it stops the pasted image going blurry.

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
Elthan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 14:16
You must make a tutorial for darkbasicpro, you are really good in this. I hope understand your post, ím spanish and my english isnt good enough.

I didnt add the final cls because in the for next there is one in the beginning which cleans the previous paste image and it is used by the last paste image of loop.

To put 1 on end of get image is genial! The blur of image disappears when it´s moving! I dont know how it works but now, the program is much better. I should include you on the credits of this program.

Thanks

UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2003 02:49
Nice Program, reminds me of train journeys.

ps genial is french not english.

the artist formally known as darkfluff
Elthan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2003 14:43
Genial is spanish too and in my dictionary of english-spanish has the same meaning. I have used that word becuase i consider it perfect for the help received. Anyway i pay attention to you.

Ive got a question: how could you use the telesketch on a train? U should be really good with it.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 00:56
Spanish and French are both romance languages, they share many words . As does English; although it's a germanic langauge, it's borrowed extensively from many other romance languages over the ages. So you will find many words meaning the same thing between the three .

As to the program--

It's wonderful! Brings back memories (easy given my age) of when I was 7 or 8, I'd play with my etch-a-sketch in the car for hours on end. Good job!

(I'm not sure what your question means-- 'on a train'? I'm afraid I don't understand, other than if you mean bringing a telesketch with you on a train trip!)

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
Elthan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 11:04
To turn those little wheels with precision was very difficult. I put my five sense when i was drawing in it. I suposse that draw with telesketch was very hard in a train because of vibration.

I fill of satisfaction to evoke your memories with my little code.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:43:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:43:34