Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / (7.4) JOYSTICK UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT broken

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 16:41
Example taken from the help files:

When I press up on the D-pad (or analog stick) both JOYSTICK UP and JOYSTICK LEFT return 1, and it becomes stuck at that value. My game pad is listed as a "Saitek P990 Dual Analog Pad" and works fine with other applications.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 21:10
The general problem is that there is a lot of variation in the sensitivity of analogue controllers, sometimes causing the problem you've reported - the axis' not resetting correctly all the way to zero when released. I have that problem on several controllers of my own.

There was a new command introduced in 7.4 that allows you to control the sensitivity of the 'digital' joystick function - SET JOYSTICK DEADZONE

The following code is from the help for that command:

I find that setting the deadzone to 5% fixes my problems with it, but your controller may be different.

Give the command a try and see if it fixes things for you.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 21:19 Edited at: 1st Mar 2010 21:20
Ah, very bizarre. I've done a calibration and now it all seems to work fine.

What is most strange is that both the POV and analogue stick previously changed results, whereas just now the analogue stick alone does it.

Oh well, thanks!

[edit] Just thought I'd say that prior to calibration your code was giving me the same results. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:00:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:00:05