Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DGDK 7.4] Transparency mode changes on the fly (cloned and instanced objects)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 13:32
There is a weird transparency error when a ghosted instanced object goes thru a ghosted cloned object.

This was not happening in previous versions of DGDK.

It will typically affect custom particle systems, or any other mix scenary of cloned+instanced+ghosted objects.

Attached project with test media and screenshot.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 23:05
Ok, I think I've got the problem licked, and I've discovered a few more limitations of instanced objects (note, NOT bugs).

The first limitation is for disabling zread and zwrite for instanced objects ... you can't. You have to apply that setting to the source object. If you do that, then everything works fine (see attached project).

The second limitation is something I incidental that I discovered for ghosting - you can enable ghosting for an instanced object, but you can't set the ghosting mode. Again, the ghosting mode can only be set against the source object.

The reason for these limitations is that there are certain settings that are stored at the mesh level (eg zread, zwrite, ghost mode), and some that are stored at the object level (eg ghost enabled). Take a look at the DBOData.h file included with the GDK to get an idea of where these settings are stored in the object (look at sObject and sMesh and their associated structures in particular).

See the attached project for a working copy of your code.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:56:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:56:58