Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark AI - Tile system collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 02:55 Edited at: 13th Apr 2010 03:10
I have 2 questions for use in my Tower Defense Game. The enemies will be using Dark AI for pathing around the players' towers and throughout the map. The enemies will not attack, but simply move from their spawn to their goal.

The first question is how to prevent entities from colliding. I am going to have many enemies all traveling the relative same path, but some will move much faster than others, and I want them to be able to clip through each other and not try to go around. Edit: Found it in the help files: AI SET AVOID MODE

The second is how I would best create collision for a tile based game? Here is a rough idea of the current code:

In a 96x96 map (my current maximum) there are 9,216 squares. I estimate that about half or more will be non-pathable. Is there a better way to do this than to create a huge amount of obstacles? This is my first time really working with Dark AI so I haven't learned any neat tricks just yet.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

- GIDustin

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:56:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:56:22