Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Sticklings - Playable Demo (Level Editor included)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 04:14 Edited at: 21st Apr 2011 08:30
UPDATE (June 19, 2010): Removed every 2D command as this was causing bad lag on most systems, I only noticed it when I recently updated my video card drivers. This new update is attached to this post.

UPDATE: There is now the option to nuke a level by pressing the "n" key, thank you Van B for the suggestion.

ORIGINAL POST:

The Demo is attached to this post.

This project started a few years back but I never got around to finishing it (lost interest), until Sven B released his Image Kit Plug-in, which really made things a lot easier. It was originally a Lemmings remake down to the bone, but I realized that I would not be able to release it using the original games media, so I had to make my own. While I do not have all the different styles that the original Lemmings had, there is at least the possibility to add more.

Here are some screens:

1.)

2.)

3.)

This is being released as a demo because there are some things that are needed before I feel that it can be finished, here is a list of features that need work:

Music - currently, I have no game-play music that I can use that isn't from Lemmings.

2D Art - need more variety for different level styles. More styles = more level possibilities.

Levels - Levels can be created from any image (that means you can turn a picture of yourself into a level if you want), it is just a matter of making them now.

If anyone is interested in creating any of these things, I would be very grateful, you can never have too many levels for this type of game.

Let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions.

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 10:13 Edited at: 14th Apr 2010 10:14
Cool!

I was just playing lemmings the other day (PS3 shop version) - and it made me think how much better the original is.

Now when those little guys blow up - do their 'lines' get thrown out like gibs? - I always used the nuke button so I could watch all the pixels fly.

I'll try the demo when I get home.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 14:37
@Van B
There currently is not a nuke button. I will include one in the next update, and hopefully include flying gibs. I used to like the nuke button as well.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 15:38
I may have some music for you, I am currently making my own 3D lemmings clone and I just finished writing a small tune for it which you can also use if you want. I may write another couple of tunes in the next few weeks for my game, which you could also use.
Let me know and I'll email it to you.

Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 16:03 Edited at: 14th Apr 2010 19:50
@matty halewood
That would be great, I will include any music that you would like to share, thanks.

Update: I have included a nuke option, you can activate it by pressing "n". Also, added sound to the explosion effect and included flying gibs. I will probably have to switch to advanced sprites for speed because the new bomb effect can cause some lag there is a lot of flying gibs.

EDIT: I added advanced sprites just to the gib effect and the speed increase was impressive, I will have to see if I can replace every paste sprite command with it.

The new version is attached to the first post.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 22:43
O.K sent, I didn't mention that mp3 format is not royalty free but I think you might be o.k unless you ship more than 5,000 copies of your game or something. I will look into it when I get time.

Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 10:14 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2010 09:41
UPDATE (June 19, 2010): Removed every 2D command as this was causing bad lag on most systems, I only noticed it when I recently updated my video card drivers (go figure). This new update is attached to the first post.

I also added a couple new levels and uploaded a video of one of the levels to youtube, here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6JzARsMwu4

Added another video showcasing the Level Editor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jnBpiQtjEc&feature=channel

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 00:57:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 00:57:18