Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkPhysics install for DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys hope you can help me here please, recently purchased the DarkPhysics package and I am having trouble compiling using the DarkPhysics functions when called.

I've been using DarkGDK with Visual C++ 2008 for a good few days now, compiled many projects without any trouble at all.

I also have DarkAI and DarkLights installed and working just fine.

I can see by using the search function this is a common problem for GDK users, on each opened thread, no resolution has come to fruition and I'm left struggling as to how to fix this.

I have done a reinstall of DarkPhysics, I have tried the DarkPhysics_GDK_261108 update and Dark_Physics_GDK_260509 to no avail, I have even uninstalled DarkPhysics and attempted to manual install the Dark_Physics_GDK_260509 by moving the appropriate files to the relevant directories and on each occasion I get the same results.

Here is the most basic of example code as I can produce

Here is the build log for the above code:
1>------ Build started: Project: Dark GDK - Game2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>Linking...
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyStart(void)" (?dbPhyStart@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl DarkGDK(void)" (?DarkGDK@@YAXXZ)
1>Debug\Dark GDK - Game2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Den\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - Game2\Dark GDK - Game2\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Dark GDK - Game2 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 20:57
I kind of recognised that error so I removed my physics cpp file but left the header and got this error(note, not using dark physics)

Quote: "1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall FulcrumPhy::start(bool)" (?start@FulcrumPhy@@QAE_N_N@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl DarkGDK(void)" (?DarkGDK@@YAXXZ)"

Now I know this is because it can't find the source file needed, its very similar to your message so I would say it can't find your Lib, are you sure you have it in the correct place and have told VS where it is?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 21:33
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149321&b=22

the above link might help.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Moops
Years of Service
User Offline
Resolved.

Although the file "DarkPhysics.lib" which is in the correct location C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Lib\vs9 directory it still needed to be explicitly setup in the Additional Dependencies in the properties page of the project.

I also had to set "Multi-threaded (/MT)" as my runtime library in the C++ Code Generation Tab in the project properties.

I also had to manually copy the 4 dll's which came with DarkPhyics into the project folder.

Hope this helps others. it's a bloody nightmare for anyone new to the scene.

cheers

Moops

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:08:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:08:56