Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Desolace-game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 03:35 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2010 05:40
Here is my first complete game made with DBPro.

WASD controls
Left click to swing the sword
Right click to fire
R key to reload

I call it "Decolace" like that place in wow. Hope you enjoy it.

It might lag, it doesn't on my Laptop but it is beef. The download is like 50 mb. Also can you comment, if you play it, like with constructive critisizm and junk.
[edit] Ya I tested on my desktop wich is less beef and it lagged

A link to the guy that did the musicVVVV
http://www.myspace.com/chadhaynessolo

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 06:45
That's pretty sweet for a first go. Mechanics work reasonably well. Cool enemies and animation.

On my computer it was pretty sluggish. Also the loading time was REALLY long. You should figure out what it is that's causing the slowdown. I imagine it's related to which are the biggest files. Are you using huge images? Is the music file really large? If that's a problem there are probably DLLs for streaming music rather than loading it all in. I don't know too much about that.

The collision detection probably isn't perfect. Also it would be nice to be able to use your sword when reloading, or to choose when to reload. Maybe in the sequel you can upgrade your melee weapon as well as the gun. Chainsaw and shotgun. Hail to the king, baby.

I don't know if it's possible to win the game. I just shot loads of alien dudes then fell down the whole.

Benjames8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 07:34 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2010 07:54
Here is a version that might run faster. It looks like hell though lol. it is only 28mb's

enjoy

O ya you can win. Ya the collisioning is box's over some of the bones it's not perfect.

[edit]I downloaded this version on my desktop and it ran alot better but not at full frame rate but I don't think I am going to look into it anymore. I don't feel like spending anymore time on this game but I will tak into consideration the melee while reloading. Or perhaps not reload until the player try's to fire with no bullets or of course the R key. But the reloading at this point is a negative consequence to the player when they waste there clip.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
alloverpain
Years of Service
User Offline
this game is really good..... a little slow.. but still really good

and ben ur gay hahahahahah

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:47:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:47:06