Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 15:37
I was told that a deforming animated .x file is supported in DBPro?

I can make a non deforming animated .x file and it works well!

How can I import the deforming animated frames in DBPro please help???

(Using memblocks)

How could I load a .x file into a memblock frame by frame perhaps that would act as a animation that I could build myself? Using deformations or not?

(If anybody is unsure about this deforming mesh method, it would be like having all the sides of a 3d object fall apart, where as a non-deforming mesh would just rotate or move the pieces of the 3d object- These are load in the .x file as frames or animation.)
Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
You can deform an X File object when you use the bone animation system of advanced X files. We are also working to improve this system for Patch 4 and if you produce X files you think should work then send them to mike@darkbasic.com with the subject DBO Model Test and we'll make sure it works for you. Patch 4 will only deal with all types of X file at this stage, though you are welcome to send 3DS, MDL/2/3 formats too.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:16:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:16:05