Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [AI] Friendlies and Enemies won't fight...?

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 18:07
Here is my code for setting up friendlys and enemies:

When they get within range of each other they just ignore each other completely. I was looking forward to seeing a nice big battle but no...

I'm not using containers, entity stance is set to 1 (aggressive). I am using

...to tell my friendlies to get close to my enemies.

They are well within range of each other...

Help?

PS. I'll just set up some test code so you can see this in action (or not rather)

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 17:20
Fire arc is 0, they will only shoot when an enemy is directly in front of them. Try making it bigger. say....30 (15 degrees left and right)?

As I said in the other thread about AI, the Dark AI automatic mode is a total nightmare mate. It will drive you up the wall, and there simply aren't enough debug commands to find out what is really going on with the characters.

If I were you I'd replicate a bunch of the variables that you're setting in your AI setup codes, but instead of using DAI commands, make your own Typed array.

then deal with the AI yourself.

silly question but... in the rest of your game code you do have a "shoot" code right? There isn't anything build in DAI to actually make characters shoot automatically.

I want robotic legs.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 21:37
You're probably right, I've given up on this one anyway mate!

I'm nearly finished on another WIP though if you fancy a look it's called "Hell for Leather!" and it's sooo close to finished!!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170702&b=8

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:01:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:01:14