Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Help: Shader Guide For New Users

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 03:01
Hello there, I would like to use some post processing shaders. I have studied the Advanced Shader tutorial, but I do not understand it. There are some parts that confuse me. For example with oImage or Quad.fx...

// For setup
There is a camera.
Camera renders to texture.
CameraEffect combines camera with texture.

There is a plane.
Plane uses the texture.
ObjectEffect combines texture with plane

// For game loop
Plane is hidden
Effect is updated
Plane is visible
Plane is positioned in front of the camera
DarkGDK.Core.Sync();

If you have experience and free time for making a simple example it would be very helpful for me.

P.S. My Pong game is nearly finished, it needs some shininess. I am very excited!!! =D
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 18:46 Edited at: 17th May 2010 18:46
I'm interested in this too, as I've not messed with fullscreen shaders yet.

You might get a better (faster) response in the DBPro forum though. The GDK.Net forums is unfortunately much like a ghost town. People wander through once in a while and look around, but they don't stay for long.

darxus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 02:30
Indeed, we are a few people here. I hope we will become plenty within the next months.

I had not enough time to look into the example. I think I will get into it by Friday. I will try to study it harder and make it very simple myself. I think that I will succeed, but it will take some free time, I'll let you know for my results.

Cheers!
darxus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 01:07
I studied hard the example, generally nothing new to learn here. Just a simple remix, in case some people want to use it as an alternative to their education.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 15:18:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 15:18:36