Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Is recursion working ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 23:45
In the following code :

I'm using recursion to re-draw the menu. However, without the text command in createMenu routine, the program crashes...

Has anyone else had this problem ?
Yes, I really am THAT good...
Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not had to use recursion yet.

Thats quite a large bit of code to Debug, particularly without the rest of the code/dll`s to test it.

I would try to reduce the code, REM out bits and see if you can pinpoint the one thats crashing.

For the recursion you could use a counter to see at what level it crashes (if its not obvious by which menu`s your opening).

I also put a couple of little functions in every one of my projects which allow me to open and write to a debug file in a simple single command, perhaps you could try something similar.

Otherwise if you can reduce the code to something that I can just copy & paste in and run on my PC then I can confirm whether I get the same problem.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 11:07
The following works :

so I'm wondering one of my DLL's is overwriting memory. I'll have to check that later.

Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Could not debug as it needs constants (as though part of a much larger program). I can find the problem if you email me your project to lee@darkbasic.com. Recursion should work fine providing you don't exceed the 2MB stack limit.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 00:08
I'll package it up and send it to you soonish...

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 00:14
Actually, it seems to be working okay now - possibly some errors I had earlier was overwriting memory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:14:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:14:49