Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / [C#] SpugNuckets!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 04:32 Edited at: 7th Jun 2010 04:32
SpugNuckets!

SpugNuckets! is a small, fictional,text-based, puzzle game set on a distant manufacturing planet in the Typhon Galaxy, where you play as a Spug worker. You must explore your destroyed factoring in search of parts to repair Nuckets, which are the life support nodes that monitor the factories many rooms. If a room becomes uninhabitable, due to a Nucket being damaged, it will lock the room down.

How to Play
Many room's have locked doors, and the room will say if it does in its description. The description will also tell you which parts you need to unlock it. Explore the rooms to find the part you need. When you find an item, and it is in the room you are in, type 'pickup itemnamehere' and move to the room that needs it and type 'drop itemnamehere'. This will magically open the door.

Need to Do
-Add in a new command to use items to fix the nodes, and take them back apart.
-Add Level 2!
-Re-adjust maximum moves. COMPLETE

This is my first ever application in C#, so its not exactly the latest and greatest. But I think it turned out quite a bit better than I thought it would. If anybody else knows C#, please download the source and give me some C&C on my code.

*EDIT: Fixed maximum moves...

Executable
SpugNuckets! V1.1 Executable

Source Code
SpugNuckets! V1.1 Source Code

Thanks,
-Pb
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 23:35
Thread = dead if not fed.

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 00:50
Well, I was going to give it 24 hours before posting again. But thank you for posting some screenies. Don't suppose you tried playing it any?
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 01:16
I don't mean to ruin any fun here but I think no one is posting because it isn't made in a TGC product.

I mean, the PA board is pretty inactive as it is, but posting something that no one can really relate to here (other than the fact it is a game) doesn't really score highly in peoples eyes.

There's sort of an unwritten rule floating around the WIP and PA board (that gets bent every so often) that only TGC products are allowed, but I think its stretched to TGC related works.

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 01:22
Heh, that's kind of what I was thinking... All well, I figured I might as well try.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 14:31
Quote: "Well, I was going to give it 24 hours before posting again. But thank you for posting some screenies. Don't suppose you tried playing it any? "

Well i downloaded it and didn't get time to play it, so i just posted some pics, will see if i get time to try it soon.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 18:14
Just recode it in DarkGDK .NET and you'll be among friends once again!

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 19:01
^^ Heh, yeh that's a good point actually. ^^

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 19:05
@bergice: awesome, i'd love to hear some feed back.

@tiresius: There wouldn't be much to recode, other than output and input console commands... :S and even then, I think that might actually be more complicated than what i have now. xD
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 22:34
Quote: "There wouldn't be much to recode, other than output and input console commands... :S and even then, I think that might actually be more complicated than what i have now."

xD but it would make the PA valid by TGC standards

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 23:30
Lol, ya that it would...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 14:04
I don't think there's any harm in leaving this alone here - mainly because it's a C# console app - not an alternative to DBPro or any TGC products. We just get picky when other engines are involved.

It's different for UDK, Unity etc etc because they are alternatives - we shouldn't allow them here because they are not relevant to this community - people who want to show off their work in alternative engines should use the geek culture board. Posts like that have to stay on track though, it should be a showcase of your work, not an engine comparison/discussion/rant. Hope that makes sense.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 22:59
Makes perfect sense, thank you for letting it stay.

I was a bit worried, since it doesn't directly incorporate a TGC product. But I thought it might stay since it was programmed in C# which DarkGDK can be used in, and might allow somebody a look into how to structure an application in the same language.

As for SpugNuckets, I'm working up cleaning up and fine tuning the descriptions (spell check -_-), and adding in a couple new commands (restart, assemble, & disassemble (for the Nuckets)).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:30:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:30:06