Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] Ingame Console

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 23:01 Edited at: 9th Jun 2010 23:04
Hi, guys this is some code i found here in the forums and altered a bit to improve it.

What it does is that it add ingame comand prompt a.k.a. console in game so it make possible debuging easier and faster interacting.

I`m sure pretty much everything should work with this from examples i wrote here like making simple primitives to loading of whole levels.The way it was writen at first it wasn`t able to do much, complicated tasks like make object sphere 1,10,40,40 for example was nearly impossible to do and just any comand with few arguments.It was using "cases" now just check the comand

I`m sorry that i forget where i exactly downloaded the first version of the code.If someone recognize it as his work should inform me so his name can be added here.

The snippet uses cloggy`s dll because there is some text drawed with it`s function, but not all and not completely nessecery.You can rewrite if you want so it uses native dbpro text only.But my advise is to get the dll, and you can change the text in the code where it`s not used to it.It`s much faster compared to native text comands :
http://www.dbdepot.co.uk/

Comandlist:

exit 1 - exit application
cube Num Size - make object cube with desired number and size
sphere Num Size Row Column - make object sphere with desired values for size row and column
delete_object Num - delete desired object
rotate_object Num XANG YANG ZANG - rotate desired object at specified angle values
fps 1 - shows fps
fps 0 - hide fps

All commands related to object manipulation trigger errors if the operation can not be executed with the reason for this.

There is much room for anything you want to add here, i can update with /help when i get time for this but now i can`t do it.

I almost forget to mention that if you need more than 10 arguments you need to touch comand$ array so it can get more values.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:58:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 19:58:52