Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / FrozenCore's Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2010 18:33 Edited at: 1st Dec 2010 18:43
I would like to use Zbrush since it's much more powerful , But The interface Is Driving me Crazy >,< .
------------
Sorry for not posting my updates here , gotten a bit busy with poly count

Here's My latest anatomy drawing :

And here Is My Thread on Poly count http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78679

@ GMs : I believe That Everybody has the right to read the critisizm On that page , I'm not making any ads or anything I'm just trying to help people out . If you Have a problem with it Then i'll remove the link .

My Goals:

-Becoming A Pro 3D Modeler For Games Or Movies And Video Editting
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Anatomy eh?

Resource knowledge go!

Bridgman's drawing from lifeis something i highly recommend, he focus's mainly on the structure of everything and less movement for the most part. So his works are very stable and rigid so for rythem and movement, id recommend something like [href=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Force-Dynamic-Life-Drawing-Animators/dp/0240808452]Dynamic life drawing for animators
[/href]

Going with the territory your heading, i suggest taking some time to ponder on how people move in general when up and about, do the same with animals. There are scans of the said books, but i dont reccomend them as reading/referencing on screen while working is a pain and disrupts workflow while having it right in front of you to flick through helps a great deal.

-End/

Its looking pretty promising on the sketches so far, cant help but recognise them

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2010 22:58 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2010 23:01
Oi Oi Laz I think u got it wrong xD .. these were just for the sake of making a proper human head xD , I'm leaving animation For Later
thanks for the links tho they'll help alot

My Goals:

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 14:47
Hi everybody its been sometime , been busy studying and playing WoW in my free time

i tried doodling at school but i couldn't do anything proper so i gave up on sketching in school and today decided to make a few edits to the old head again , Thanks to 3D modelling I can notice facial features much better now xD

it aint that good but I figured that i need to do the rest of the editting in a sculpting program or add a turbosmooth in max but before that i thought i'd ask u so what do u think?

My Goals:

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 22:40 Edited at: 29th Dec 2010 23:25
been a while people , Sorry no Major Updates , Was Mostly Studying , Doodled Alot in School , not Much Face Anatomy tho but I kept focusing on other peoples features studying them then looking at my face and seeing the difference between me and older people , so today I applied a turbosmooth 1 iteration and done some edits on the whole thing .

Anyways! xD

Here's the Update , looking forward to ur replies

UPDATE:

Pusshed the top of the head downwards a tiny Bit
smoothed out the front of the neck
tweaked and lowered the ears a tiny bit
raised the back of the jaw a bit

My Goals:

Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
alright so my suggestion would be to make a quick procedural texture to put on this model. the reason i say this is because currently a lot of things are far to pronounced mostly because of the shadows and lighting. on the procedural put low reflection and aim for realistic skin.(not perfect but recognizable as skin(use noise ect.) i would suggest a light beige. also once you do this you will probably notice some things fade into the face more(which is a good thing) mostly the chin and the dimple below the nose. the sharp highlights around the eyes should also dissipate more than they currently are. now my main problem with this model is the eyes. you need to bring them forward a bit and then also decrease the drop from the eye to the nose. now also the face looks to pristine. it needs some where and tear on it. most notably the forehead and around the mouth and cheeks. add some wrinkles, and things that make it asymmetrical. and on a personal note, i think you should play around with making longer faces and stubbier faces.(messing around is the best way to learn i promise)

and over all its a very good model.

[url]http://myportfolio.x10hosting.com/[url]
visit my site.(still in progress)
FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 18:32
Thanks Azunaki I'll try make a texture after studying a bit, For now here is an update

Fixed Up placements Of Stuff, Size Of The features Generally and fixed the neck .

For Now I'm trying to get the shape of the head right so My next update Would Propably be the texture and some work On the skull's width

My Goals:

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2010 14:31
ok basic texture Done , and head's Width Fixed.
Now I Really wanna Fix The Lower Lip but i dunno how, so any ideas?

My Goals:

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 01:10
Just wanted to say "Happy New Year" In my own way

My Goals:

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 01:44
wow, just... just wow!
amazing!
happy new year on you too!
darn thats amazing!

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 11:50
FrozenCore#6@
did you make that? if so i am very impressed, happy new year to you too

your heads are coming along well, my only concerns are the ears and the neck, i think your just dropping too many polies into the ears try bringing it back a little, and try and get the neck to meet a cyclindrycal shape

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2011 00:37 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2011 00:44
Thanks Quik And Mazz
I didn't draw the piccy itself But I done all the photoshop on it
Here's the original Piccy : http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2065/chronotriggert.jpg

as for the head :

1- tweaked the head
2- removed 3 loops from the ear , anything more just screwed up the shape :/
3- shrinked face features a tiny bit
4- New lighting

My Goals:

-Showing people close to me what it means to fulfill a dream
FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 02:25 Edited at: 6th Feb 2011 02:27
Hey people been a while

Been working on a site where i can post all my art work http://frozproductions.ucoz.com

updates:

-updated the head still needs more tweaks
-made a skull sculpt , not correct anatomically but i don't mind considering it my first proper sculpt
-working on a female body "hands , feet , head: not yet"
-rendered an animation for my steam punk spider

Female Body : Warning Nudity
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7931/female.png
It's a cartoonish body

Skull Sculpt : sculptris

my laptop couldn't handle enough polys for a fully detailed sculpt so I did the detail work on the bump map

SteamPunk Spider animation:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MQ2fgPyp6M

[url=frozproductions.ucoz.com][/img]
FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 22:25
Update on the female body:

tweaked the arms , breasts , added my old hand model and tweaked it a bit and ofc more screenies

Warning Nudity!

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9642/femalebody.png

Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm either the mods haven't noticed this or they have become more lenient since i used this forum regularly. any way this isn't an over 18 thread so i believe the don't allow nudity period.

[url]http://myportfolio.x10hosting.com/[url]
visit my site.(still in progress)
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
oh jesus they need to get over it its 3d geometry nudity i mean come on, whoever cant handle THAT needs to grow up

banner.jpg
FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 12:12 Edited at: 8th Feb 2011 12:13
What am I gonna get banned for trying to learn topology? Common I have it as a link not a direct image >,,<

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 12:17
i think showing the 3d geometri itself should not be a problem
however textured nude is kiind of..
well i dont know, havent been around long enough to have a say in this

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 13:02
meh Well Anyways it's a kid's fault if he clicks on a link after being warned

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2011 01:49
lol thats more like an invitation if your a teenage boy, if you ask me. Good work though, even if she is a bit scrawny...

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 00:05
lol ty primal

atlast done with the feet and they're UGLY!! D:<
I don't care much though cuz They're gonna be baked into a some sort of foot without fingers xD

No Tut.s, no refs inside max

Looks Pretty plain and smooth on the top and that will be fixed when sculpting Hopefully

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 17:38 Edited at: 26th Feb 2011 21:07
Hello again people

been tweaking the sintel model from time to time , tweaked the feet alot still looks messed up due to lack of Polys but meh whatever

I won't upload any screenshots till I make the head , but here's a "Back" Screenie and I need ur advice

Which one looks more correct?

The Model Is Quite low poly and I need it that way I don't really wanna mess around with alot of edges since I don't need any cuz anyways this is an Anime-ish model

so plz reply , dont just open / read / close >,>

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 19:47
I wouldnt have the back crease so much were the shoulders are... it kind of makes it look like she has giant shoulderblades. On that note the one on the left is the more correct one but it could use some work still.

heres some refrence to look at:

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 21:35
Thanks Primal

Update:

Finished The Model I geuss? It's all about tweaking and adding hair from now

Mike suggested a flat chest and it worked out pretty well
I tried making the head look similar to the ref. but I geuss anime heads just didn't work out at my current level

ploys: 5,474 Unsmoothed

warning: Nudity!
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2228/sintelfinishedroughrend.png

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 11:33 Edited at: 1st Mar 2011 11:35
Update:

-Tweaked the eyes , looks quite normal now aswell as minor tweaks here and there
-Made the low poly model

I tried to make everything smooth and nice , got rid of all the 3 and 5 sided polygons now it's all 4 sided

Polys : 2,576
verts : 2,614

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 19:47
i think its looking good right now... just she has more hips then chun li... you might just trim them down a tad. Other then that it looks like a good low poly base!

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 20:22 Edited at: 1st Mar 2011 20:23
your general anatomy is rather accurate, excluding the fore-mentioned hips and some unneccessary eliminations of loops, such as just above the foot, however the face is not quite there. You have all the base structures in place but none of them are really flowing toghether. your messurements and structures are out.
The edges of the mouth/lips should reach to your pupils

dont forget the structure of the skull, it's often more useful to have a diagram of the skull or the muscles on the face instead of a picture of a persons

there should be flesh visible around the entireity of the eye from the angle you have shown, you should also model the eyelids, they could be as simple as bring the more internal loop outward but it'll remove the shocked expression

your eyes are half way down your head, and from what i can see i'd say that either the rest of the features are too small or the eyes are too high, an orthagraphic view of the front and profile of the face would help more

the placement of the ears seems correct however i would recommend just blocking out roughly in your mesh the main shape within the ear

personally i am very impressed with the hands, your edge flow is very good and the proportions are very accurate, the thumb could potentially be angled out a tad further but that would just be nit picking.

it's very good at the moment but i would suggest that you remodel a new head, seperate from the body, with anatomical references to hand and then combine the two, hope this little essay of a comment helped

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 22:46 Edited at: 1st Mar 2011 23:11
thanks primal I'll tweak that tommorow or so

oi mazz did u read the previous posts?

I really appreciate ur CnC will help alot when, I try making a realistic human but U missed a few posts up there which mentioned the folowing :

This model is quite anime-ish or cartoonish so I don't want accurate proportions on the body , especially the head cuz usually anime heads are large and barley have any muscle details

also my last post contained the low poly which has been made from the high poly , u can check a few posts above to see the high poly version

but again thanks for the comment it'll help me alot

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2011 14:11 Edited at: 8th Mar 2011 14:14
Well hello again ppl , not much updates cuz I've been addicting WoW
but decided to work on the model today

I tried to follow a tutorial for uv mapping on 3ds max cause I really got bored from exporting to maya , the method worked fine even better than maya, as I progressed to the hand I found some nasty errors , I got em fixed then I looked around the model found some unwelded verts etc all that got fixed ..

BUT!!!! this one lil edge loop on the hand which I can't finish with a 4 sided poly

It's a very annoying cuz already all the polys on the hand are 4 sided except that 1 poly ... been sitting here for over an hour trying to get around it but no use it either ends up in a pentagon or a triangle :/

what should I dooo?

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2011 16:41
i would just make it a triangle.

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2011 17:31
to be honest you've created a topology nightmare for yourself, there isn't really an easy or simple way out of the without using tri's, i've done a retouch but even that wont work, if you really want to use only quads then you're going to have to redo a majority of the hands, mainly the thumb, also, you have many unnecessary loop tie off's, not sure what the technical name is, i think you need to revise your topology, if you're just using quads then it would only really be used for pre-rendered stuff, such as CG trailers, and if that was the case you wouldn't need to worry about your poly count, or at least not nearlly to the limit that realtime models/ characters have. and if you're going to use it for realtime stuff then tri's wouldnt be an issue, i wish i could help but at that point i cant, i wouldnt use 5 sided polies at any point in the modelling process if i were you, they cause issues like this, sorry if that came across as aggressive, it wasn't supposed to be, hope it helped

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2011 22:29
Thank you Quik and Mazz

I know my topology sucks and this was supposed to be an in-game model but it doesn't seem like it'll work

I'll try to remodel the hands and feet .. I still dunno how to model low polies
so lemme understand 1 thing first .... do I get the high poly and tweak it into a low poly like what i did on this model , or remodel the whole thing?

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 14:14 Edited at: 10th Mar 2011 14:27
Hello again people

yesterday I've been mostly studying chemistry but I managed to edit the model at night , got rid of that vert, ended it with a 4 sided since I found another pentagon at the bottom of the hand , removed some polies. and unwrapped .

The no. of polies in the piccy. is only for half the model

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 12:30 Edited at: 14th Mar 2011 12:43
Bake test Success , Just gotta deal With a few stray verts then the rest is all photoshop ... or Poly Painting

Warning Nudity
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4197/baketestsuccess.png

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2011 21:38
hello again ppl

rigged the model (no face rig yet) but I need ur help in something

shall I add more loops around the (elbow - knees - Butt - shoulder) or is it normal that these deformations occur in game models?

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 03:01 Edited at: 19th Mar 2011 09:19
add some more loops to the elbow. With what you have now the arm will collapse generally you need a center loop for each joint and then a top loop and a bottom loop. or at least and outer half loop to keep thickness... heres an example though there are more available that are better:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 20:48
Thank You Primal

Update :

Rig finished , well some envelope tweaks would be better but I'm no expert

eyes / teeth Modelled Baked and textured

Spent most of today making hair for this charecter but i realized that it sucked so I removed that and now I'm asking you people

How To Model Lowpoly hair? O,o

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 05:37:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 05:37:10