Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Set Object Transparency -- Set Alpha Mapping On breaks when texturing more than 1 stage.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 19:28
Setup : The ball in the demo is supposed to start out RED and change to BLUE. If only one texture stage is textured, it works. When a second stage is also textured, it no longer works. (uncomment the 2 lines indicated in the code to texture the second stage)

Possible Cause : It seems to be unclear whether this has to do with a specific version of DBP or whether or not it may be hardware related. One person in the thread I opened to discuss this problem was able to run it without issue whether the second stage was textured or not. My video card is NVidia, theirs is ATI.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171248&b=1

GeeBee
Years of Service
User Offline
Any sentencing on this possible bug yet?

I appear to be meeting a variation of the same issue when attemping to transition between a .dbo model with a lightmap applied (problem: tree texture .png alpha goes solid black) and a .x with a single texture (works fine, same .png texture).

It would be useful to know if I would be wasting my time trying to figure out if the problem is at 'my end'.

Habits can get you into trouble sometimes (unless you are a nun....)
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 8th Nov 2010 20:40
I don't know whether this helps locate the source of the problem.

Try this variation of KISTech's code. This suggests to me that the alpha mapping command might be using blend stage 1 for the alpha mapping. Lee should know the answer.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 18:17
I also noticed that the Red sphere remains intact when the Blue sphere fades, but the part of the Blue sphere that intersects the Red sphere doesn't become visible until the Red sphere is completely invisible.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:05:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:05:41