Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9][BOTB] [Project Blue] Virus 2: The Breakout - Full Release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 20:44 Edited at: 15th Aug 2010 00:53
Virus: The Breakout- full release!

Virus: The Breakout- full release!

Hey guys! Here is the complete game , it took long to make, but im sure its worth playing!

The Story

6 Months Ago, the Former Russian president, Poetinski Rasko, Formed a Ultra Nationalist Movement.
The Rebellion Forces marched into Zariko, the Loyalist headquarters.
There is no way the US/NATO forces can use there Nuclear Arsenal Due to a High Toxicity Virus wich will Contaminate 97% of the Earth Population, so there was a Nuclear peace Treaty ....
After 2 Months, the Entire world was shocked by the Sudden Appearance of a Rocket Which Contaminated Several Continents.
Infected people go on the hunt to track down fresh meat to contaminate, the entire world is in Complete Chaos, and the Russian Forces Immediately Rushed there troops into the US and Europe.

A Small group in Washington were not Infected and are Holding out, trying to protect the President.
Together with the Remaining Military Forces in the world, they start a Massive operation to protect Non-infected Civilians, To kill the Russian Forces And to find a Anti-virus.

"Ethan, we need you agian, We Know, your last mission was a blow-up, but we have confidence in you, you must find the anti-virus, the world is at Stake"

Screens:

(sorry for my English)

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyvmnA-8CRE

Download:

http://www.2shared.com/file/QIrlts0K/Virus2final.html

note: to download the file you must look in the right corner (save file to PC)

Thanks to:

- SFXpekelaar
- Adrianajoneswannabe
- Errant AI
- The next
- Bugsy
- Abdul Ahad
- Defy
- More people i have forgotten

Some other notes for gameplay:

- Try to save your game often, and there are medic kits hidden in most levels
- Try to collect as many ammo/guns as you can
- Peeking is usefull in this game
- Press control to get into slow-motion

bugs/problems

- Skybox didnt changed
- fpsc didnt copied my costum health huds etc.

-mgarand

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 20:50
O please dont forget : F is to open doors

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 21:13 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 00:00
First to comment!

I was looking forward to this!

Abdul Ahad
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 21:15
Thanks mate! i hope you have fun

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
I played it

8/10 all the way
Gameplay was fun, tough the player died quickly

i have some questions

In that computer room, Who is tyiping?? he dies really cool, gonna be cool to see him getting up of the chair (being the chair and char same model)
and then it dies on chair (Falls on it) would be really cool

-James
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 10:03
Its one of EAI's TASK FORCE characters.

I would rate this an 9/10.

The gameplay was fast, which I wasn't expecting for FPSC.

The level layout was great! The flow was smooth and challenging.

The sounds were great. The only drawback was that the player would die very quickly.(Although I lasted with 3 Lives and 30 health)

Abdul Ahad
Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
I seem to be having a problem starting the game up. I get a runtime error saying "Could not obtain DirectSound buffer". After I click OK, the game launches but without sound. When it comes to the main menu screen, it just freezes. Anyone also encountering this problem or know how to fix it?
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 10:52
Quote: "tough the player died quickly"

Indeed, one of the problems, although you can find health in the levels . Also try to save the game and always find cover.

Quote: "Who is tyiping??"

Like Abdul said

Quote: "The gameplay was fast, which I wasn't expecting for FPSC. "

Thanks! i will chance the health etc.

Quote: "Could not obtain DirectSound buffer"

Never heard of this problem :S, do you have the latest direct x ?

I can use all the comment and ideas, because i will finish the full version in 2 weeks i guess.

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 12:04
Can someone please explain how to download it from the site. I'm truly baffled. It would be better if someone uploads it to a different site

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 12:15
scroll down to the bottum

there you see:

Times downloaded: File URL:
Last downloaded: Save file to your PC: click here

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 12:19
oh, that was simple. Now I feel like a mong

lol

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 12:19
Haha, i had the same problem, although i like 2shared because of theyre limits: there are no limits

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 12:23
Thanks for the help, I'll drop by once I've finished it.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 14:14
I am downloading it at the very moment. Already 28% downloaded!!!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 15:42
nice job metal devil! Hope to hear what you think about it

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 15:43
Alright, excuse me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that EAI would not like you using his still-in-beta characters(which in the beta license say you can't use in a public project).

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
Rads, revived for the X10 Revival on May 29th, 2010
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 15:45 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 15:47
sorry but you're wrong, i have talked to Errant, and i got his permission. See it like an extended test.

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 20:02 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 20:09
You Could have told me that you opened a other Virus thread, which is kinda dumb because its double posting about the same game ....

I'm starting to give a bit critics: The storytelling here on the forum is like reading a telegram .... i'm better and you know that ! >: D

Anyway, Good to have a Demo ....

The Player-dead Issue:
Well... for my part i think it brings the realisme to the game

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 20:20
Quote: "You Could have told me that you opened a other Virus thread, which is kinda dumb because its double posting about the same game ...."

This is a thread for a demo. No dumb things. Also the story is just a quick one as you know.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks ACE! Love the parachute guys effect!

Will try, when i have time.

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 21:11 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 21:14
Aight ;D

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 21:15
Quote: "Love the parachute guys effect!"

Thanks, i try to keep stuff unique

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 22:04
I don't think the player dies too fast. It's just more challenge. Altho, I could like cheat the whole game trought with peeking, becouse the enemies wont notice me if I peek. And why do they always say the same line they die. It's like everyone says something (I don't know what) when they die, but why? Why would they, didn't they just get shot? Like, doing the dying sound, some uhh, or something would have worked better. Just my opinion. The level design and the gameplay was nice! The task force characters are awesome in here! Especially the one typing. Awesome, gying on the chair. But why exactly do you need to shoot him? I always shot him for the nice effect, so I don't really know what happens, if you leave him alive. Nice job! I love it! Keep it up! I'd give it 9/10 too! I played it more than twice today! I recommend! Great job.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 23:26
Quote: "And why do they always say the same line they die"

It means like tango down, ethan sais that, so HQ knows he killed one

You dont need to shoot TF char. Its your choise

Thanks for comment

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 00:14 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 00:19
I'm sorry, but every time I click on download, it takes me to some page, and doesn't open a download window. can someone put this on megaupload?

EDIT- oh never mind, it was the SMALLEST LINK IN THE WHOLE PAGE.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 03:49
played it, loved it, here's my review.

I'm not sure if it's fair to review a game that I'm doing level design work for, but since none of my work is included in the demo, I figure it's fair. Virus 2 is a uniquely well built game with a few small flaws, and a whole lot of fun. In the short 10 minutes of gameplay, this demo will see the player trudging through admittedly grungy and dingy looking areas of what is said to be the white house. the story was fairly clear, though it was told completely through the short loading screens. The focus on story in this game is in the backseat, where it belongs, because the driver is the magnificent gameplay. the game ran at a blazing 60 fps the whole way through with very rare instances of lag, which is amazing for an FPSC game with so many enemies crammed in. The whole time I was playing, I was on the edge of my seat, whether I was gunning down baddies in a decorative greathall, or sneaking past foes in a behind the scenes corridor, virus 2 made me want to keep pressing on, all the time.

When it comes to the actual tech of this demo, it was running solidly on a not-so-solid engine, which is great. some of the walls here and there seemed to feature advanced shaders, while others didn't, none of that detracted from gameplay, but it made certain areas seem more polished than others. The AI of Virus 2 was clearly bad, but the way the enemies were placed, they often would "accidentally" take cover when shot, so it all worked out. the AI animated well, albiet seemed a bit recycled. I noted one EAI character (how does everyone keep getting their hands on these) and killing him was well... I'm not going to spoil it. let's just say awesome.

there were very few mistakes that came by way of small level design and continuity errors like planks that would fall if they were affected by gravity, and lights without sources, but these are things only an experienced reviewer like myself would notice/care about. overall this demo was a solid teaser for what will hopefully be an even better full game!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 08:30
Thanks mate aargh my bad habit (forget lightsources)

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 14:14 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 16:03
I just played the demo 3 times and here is my review.

The Good:
- Sound & Ambience
No unnecessary music or creepy sounds. It's a modern shooter and maintained a dry atmosphere, the voice clips where a good addition.
- AI:
Finally I saw some guards on patrol and enemies really taking cover (I guess that's only possible with project blue?). SPOILER

- Shooting:
Usually I say that if the crosshair is still there, using the ironsight is useless. Not in this case, hitting the guys in cover required using the ironsight - very nice!
-Custom content:
SPOILER

The Bad:
- Level design
Honestly I fail to see why anybody (except for a level designer in need of cover for his NPCs ) should build the first room like this - a large stair leading to....a cabinet??? (suggestion: making the first room exteriorwould allow to arrange it as needed and still be realistic). Also many entities don't fit in (fantasy secret door, giant fireplace) and lack depth - a fireplace needs some soot traces, wood and poker. There are also holes without debris and that gravity-defying planks. Of course everything can be explained somehow - but as the Joker said: "A joke you have to explain is wasted".
- Too many weapons & ammo
Starting with 2 automatic firearms? Gaining another one after the first encounter? stumbling over additional ammo? Much too much. Finding a single grenade would have been fun though

The Ugly:
- Magic wall
There is a hole in a wall through wich one can see 2 enemies but one can't shoot through that hole - totally illogical and irritating.
-Enemy shooting
The NPCs shoot extremly fast and hit continously but do very little damage. In the end it's balanced but it's still 2 wrongs trying to make one right.

On my personal demo scale its a solid 3 of 5 and I'd call it "a very professional approach"

On a sidenote I might add, that it's much harder to make a shooter with human enemies than one with zombies, so imo the effort alone is already an acomplishment.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 15:43 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 15:46
Always love your reviews Storyteller ,

As always i need to defend some stuff what you said, and some things are truth

First of all, thanks for the compliments, i always appriciate that.

Quote: "a large stair leading to....a cabinet???"

Yeh, maybe looks a bit weird, i will try te chance it, also, i did not included cutscenes+the new loading screens, so some things are maybe a bit weird.

I agree with fireplace+ door, never really though of it!
in The full version i chanced the planks, and will add debris now, good one!

I agree that modern day is bit harder, you need to try to tease the players to play it, with zombies, you can spawn them everywere etc.

I have some scripts ready to be used, to deal with ammo problem, i used skorp+g36, g36 is for a bit distance shooting, Skorp is if your out of g36 ammo, and you need a high firerate, maybe i will chance it to g36+m9 or something.

I will use your points to improve Virus, and i would like to thank you for you effort, i hope to see your review in the full version

you couldnt kill the 2 guards because i added a inv. wall, i added a script in full version that you will put down your guns (because you need to kill the guards in next level)

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 16:09
Spoiler =D

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 21:06
I found this game perfectly challenging btw. I beat it without dying and had 3 health left.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 21:36
haha nice one! we should make a compo of it ^^

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2010 01:16
Quote: "I found this game perfectly challenging btw. I beat it without dying and had 3 health left."

Interesting, I had about the same result on my first run. That really speaks for the balancing.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
CrescentMoon
Years of Service
User Offline
any bets on whether this causes an international incident?

Joking aside, the enemy combat sequence seems a little...unreal. I mean no soldier with any combat experience fires a semi-automatic let alone fully automatic weapon constantly. The bullets would deplete so fast it'd cost 400,000 to fire it for 1 minute. They fire in quick bursts then retreat.

You could set it up so that each enemy is connected to two waypoints. One behind cover, one on the opposite side of cover. They burst fire at the player once or twice then cover for a bit, come out and repeat. It'd add to the effect dramatically if you made the weapons more effective as well but gave the player more health (balancing things out a bit).

[WIP] Paranorma Chapter 1, The Horror at Silent Inn
Level 1 - Suspended
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2010 08:11
Well im happy at the moment with the enemys, i chanced the rate of fire a bit. And really, if a bloody rambo is in front of you, you will shoot as fast as u can

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2010 08:32 Edited at: 29th Jun 2010 12:44
update: this week we will upload the game to our own site, where you can download it much easyer

New download link (really fast one) http://www.infocusgames.com/project.php?page=virus2

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 17:10
Quote: " the enemy combat sequence seems a little...unreal."

Well, I think so far it's about the realest in FPS Creator... But feel free to show your ultra realistic combat sequence!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 23:46
Quote: "But feel free to show your ultra realistic combat sequence!
"

I liked it a lot too, but am still pretty confident about WWC's combat.

CrescentMoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But feel free to show your ultra realistic combat sequence!"

Does having a demon dog jumping at you count as real?

Level 1 - Suspended
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 08:51
Quote: "Does having a demon dog jumping at you count as real?"

Nope , thanks for the comments guys!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 11:10
Quote: "Does having a demon dog jumping at you count as real?"

haha, that made me laugh! I never in my life would have expected to hear someone say that... *whipes tear while still laughing*

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 15:40 Edited at: 1st Jul 2010 15:48
I've just found the time to play this

Here's my very short personal oppinion:

First Impression: 8/10
Gameplay: 8/10
Graphics: 8/10
Sound: 8/10

Overall: 8/10

At a first glance, you could think I've simply put everything to 8... but I've thought about every point in detail, and this is the result. So just to let you know I haven't simply made it up

Personal hints:

- The story wasn't 100% clear to me.
- The game is overall too dark, risk a little more global light
- Great music, very driving!! Did you compose it yourself?

I think this is quite a great game man, keep it up!!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 15:58
Thanks for review mate, most of the music (begin paced music) was made by me

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "most of the music (begin paced music) was made by me"

Impressive. You've got talent here.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 15:10
Thanks

CrescentMoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Nope , thanks for the comments guys!"

great now I gotta go become a witch >>

oh right almost forgot

other then what I mentioned earlier

Overall Game Rating:
8/10

If you'll consider that getting a 10/10 with me is nearly impossible...(perfectionist, can't help it) that's really good xD

Level 1 - Suspended
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 10:24
Well every critism i see here, if possible, is added to my ''to-do-list'' and i hope to edit everything so people like it, because the game will have 11 levels, i need to tease the players not to stop you know

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I really hated ONE FREAKING FACT!!!

I WANT MORE!!

AWesome fact mate, really good. haha..

Great game! Very cool smooth performance and gameplay. ACe!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 23:28
Thanks my friend

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2010 02:05 Edited at: 5th Jul 2010 02:06
Very nice job. I loved the flow of the game play and combat.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:09:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:09:03