Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9][fenix mod] 50.caliber

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2010 21:56 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 17:51
50.caliber

Developer: Gendestroier

Storyline: (Sarge) your alias is mercenary, you're now part of an organization MIIT located in England, but with no nationality, which since coming to planet earth has done defense treaties to protect the planet from external threats to the planet, such as asteroids, gamma ray impressively and non-peaceful races.
The year is 2143, and planet Earth has just quit a war against a race evolved until well actually a little bit, but only slightly more evolved than humans who are currently living on planet earth, they were biological beings created in his own laboratories, and contained many mechanical parts.
The war ended with serious losses on both sides of the field, since both are underrated among themselves. After the war there was great respect between the two races ... Planet Earth has added another powerful ally.
It is clear that there were half a million other conflicts in all these years, but in others there was no such a treaty of alliance!

The main problem of the planet Earth today is a race called whrath. have hybrid offspring of insects with humans, and despite being much like a normal human being, is more resistant, and immune to many diseases, and has a very large Inpulse for domination, which always somehow been suppressed by the very compassion of the same race.
but recently a terrorist on the planet of whraths modified the genes of more than half the population of the planet by putting massive quantities of a genetic modifier in the main source of water on the planet. The ridiculous minority that was not mutated, was Slain.
but this is not our only problem,your missions shall be directed in the next two months, and one more thing ...
Welcome to Fortress quarks, Mercenary... (Sarge out)

description:50.caliber, is a game where, shoot everywhere, sometimes is not the best option, where in some parts, it is not necessary to make a single shot (but of course ... that there is almost always that way ) and in other situations the best idea is to get a minigun, and let the party begin!!
in other situations, it is best to stay hidden and obey your orders,
well now this game ''IS'' my litlle venture.

as you guys can see, the celling lights are too big, so i can't do a lot without brake the light logic, but i was enabled to make it more darker,in my view, the light logic wasn't broken at this time,

sending video to the youtube....
sending...
sending...
1 hour later...
sending...
sen...ohh..damm 1mb internet !!!!! it's going to take a year !!!!

and here is a video of the command center!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl1vZi2qRTk

...i have some good news...
1.the game now is using the v1.17 so the graphics are outstanding
2.almost all working and 1 level done !! (a half of a level)

...now the bad news...
1.because the game now is using the v1.17 update, the sys specs had a exponential grow that will keep growing up, now is 9500 gt ,unleast a dual core and i recomend 2 gb memory
3.until the game is finished, the sys specs will keep growing up
4.there is a script not working, easy to fix.

and one more thing... don't worry nickdude, the work is in progress. you guys want proff ? well i have one right here...it's called headache
(i don't think he is concern, i gezz he is just doing his job has a mod, and doing it well)

the work is now in progress(for a long time) and 2 levels that help explaing how mercenary got to the fortress are complete, and also 2 missions from the caleb chapter, were you need to convine him to work to the fortress,we'll some pictures soon.

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2010 21:59 Edited at: 6th Jul 2010 22:06
No, the image does not work.

EDIT*Now for a some weird reason it works...

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2010 22:06 Edited at: 6th Jul 2010 22:14
no...no......no..... i did crap,it was my

[EDIT]: I think the image is too big... how do i get it smaller ?

Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Why is the game called 50. Caliber?
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 04:10
why doom is called doom ?

Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "why doom is called doom ?
"
It is because you play a Marine who is all alone in a Martian Marine Base fighting against multiple demons alone with multiple weaponry in a hellish environment. The hazards of Mars makes all hope seem doomed.

I'm not saying anything negative about the title, I am just curious.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 09:43
Quote: "Why is the game called 50. Caliber?"

Why not? What is wrong with that name? Why LocoRoco called LocoRoco? COuldn't just the Loco be fine, becouse they are called Loco's? I don't know and never thought about it becouse the game is fun as hell! If the name was My little Pony vs Oprah, then I would ask...

Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why not? What is wrong with that name?"

Quote: "I'm not saying anything negative about the title, I am just curious. "
I am a very curious man.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 11:08
Nice! I love the screen! Clever use of stock media. And the story is interesting aswell.

Abdul Ahad
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 15:54 Edited at: 7th Jul 2010 15:55
Hmm, I'd try to darken the room a little bit by slightly reducing the light range. That might stress the illuminationmaps and add some cool atmosphere with nearly no effort

I agree with AbdulAhad, outstanding stock media use

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 19:10 Edited at: 7th Jul 2010 19:12
simple what kind of caliber you think that military organization would use to beat cyborgs, human insects, and another giant an tremendously ugly freaks ? 50.C !! to make sure their are ''D.E.A.D''
the main character's favorite pisol weapon is the desert eagle 50.C handcannon, and you can find a 50.C sniper rifle, and a weird p90 mod for 50.C a litlle hard to control but makes BIG holes!!

about darking the room : look at the celling

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
I see you are using one of my retextures form my first retex pack, I haven't seen those in forever. Very good stock media usage!
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 21:47
ohhh the retextures are yours !!!!! i shoud add you in my credits list !!!!!!!! thank you !!!!!

Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "simple what kind of caliber you think that military organization would use to beat cyborgs, human insects, and another giant an tremendously ugly freaks ? 50.C !! to make sure their are ''D.E.A.D''
the main character's favorite pisol weapon is the desert eagle 50.C handcannon, and you can find a 50.C sniper rifle, and a weird p90 mod for 50.C a litlle hard to control but makes BIG holes!!

about darking the room : look at the celling"
I'm pretty sure you took math class right? In the Military, there is no such thing as a 50. caliber small arm. There are .50 caliber weapons though in said .50 BMG, .50 AE, .50 Beowulf, .50 S&W, and etc. See how the placing of the decimal can confuse a person (that said person being me). Just saying again, not trying to be mean or anything. I am just one little confused boy, and I wish you good luck on your project and your future endeavors.
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 22:49 Edited at: 7th Jul 2010 23:06
well..i'm sorry but the year in the game's history is 2143, not 2010, until there this sys could change,in my game it says it did, simple...and someone could modify the p90 to use the 50.C desert eagle pistol rounds(C means caliber, not tipe of caliber, it's an abreviation, just you didn't realised, weird huh ? ) until the year 2143, and it exist an modification of the m4a1 usimg 50.C pistol rounds ( not really pistol rounds,have a litlle mod in the ammo, but it's 50 caliber, the p90,i gezz it could be modified to 50.C too,if this isn't physiologically impossible,of course.
I'm not a weapons expert, but it's evident that a sniper rifle 50 caliber ammo can't fit in a p90, or a m4a1,neither a pistol just google for a moment, before put threads in a important tgc forum, please...
and pay atention in the game's history cuz it clearly said

Quote: "which since coming to planet earth "

they'r aliems, the guys working in the quarks fortress ARE aliems they don't give a"""" by our weapon caliber size or organization.

and thanks by the caliber info, will be pretty useful in fpgcrawtext, i will just google a little, to that don't look too nooby in the final product

Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm not a weapons expert"
You certainly made that clear to me.
Quote: "(C means caliber, not tipe of caliber, it's an abreviation, just you didn't realised, weird huh ? )"

I did realize that, and no need to get angry about anything.
Quote: "well..i'm sorry but the year in the game's history is 2143, not 2010, until there this sys could change,in my game it says it did,"

So you are saying the system of measurements has changed in those 133 years? How big would this said 50. caliber be? You do need to know how cartridges are measure in today's time still to later apply it in a future/fictional setting. .50 and 50. can refer differently when dealing with calibers, since ".50" refers to .5 of an inch (which is half of an inch) and "50." refers to 50 inches. .50 BMG states that the diameter of the bullet is .5 of an inch. Now if you say 50. caliber, the bullet's diameter would be 50 inches long. Do you know how big that would be? It would take about 3+ guys to operate such a thing. You say your game it will changes, but you didn't refer to any system changes in your initial post.
Quote: "but it's evident that a sniper rifle 50 caliber ammo can't fit in a p90, or a m4a1,neither a pistol just google for a moment, before put threads in a important tgc forum, please...
and pay atention in the game's history"

I have a feeling you play MW2, first of all they aren't referred to as sniper rifle 50 caliber ammo, either .50 BMG or the Soviet 12.7x108mm rounds are used in scoped anti-materiel weapons. They aren't necessarily sniper rounds, since they were initially designed for HMG's (Heavy Machine Guns). Google isn't always the way to go since it could lead you to a MW2 influenced website that tells you riot shields can block anything in the world.
Quote: "they'r aliems, the guys working in the quarks fortress ARE aliems they don't give a"""" by our weapon caliber size or organization."

I think they would care if their weapons were 5+ times bigger than they are. Also, I don't believe swearing is allowed on TGC Forums even if it is censored.
Quote: "and thanks by the caliber info, will be pretty useful in fpgcrawtext, i will just google a little, to that don't look too nooby in the final product
"
Your welcome, I am glad to help. I am saying all of this to make your final product seem less nooby. I see potential and I am willing to correct any firearms based fallacies.
e.g. Magazines feed rounds into the chamber of a firearm, clips feed rounds into a magazine.
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 00:32 Edited at: 8th Jul 2010 00:34
Quote: "about darking the room : look at the celling"

I did. Now... what?

My suggestion was not based upon thinking about missing level logic, that's quite fine, but about adding deeper atmosphere.

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 00:44 Edited at: 8th Jul 2010 00:50
hehe.... the ambient light is 0 i can't do anything more, just subtract some light scale but that will destroy the light logic, cuz i have 4 big light models in the celling, and if you pay atention you will se that the light isn't casting the light objects, so, one way or anothe, it's wrong, but i fix it already.

the objective was to make a very well and highy illuminated commandant's control room, i mean,common! people have to work in variant ways in that kind of place, and they need to see what they're doing, have logic, you can add a depper atmosphere in a computer control room, where people aren't frequent, then i know do a lot of atmosphere i have a year of leveldesing in fpsc, that picture is ridiculus...

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 00:51 Edited at: 8th Jul 2010 00:56
@Deltayo

Since genedestroier is no resident of the U.S.A it might be a simple language/metric system misunderstanding between the both of you.

I am a german motherlanguage speaker and as you can easily see in this google search example for a .45 Magnum, that in german we simply call it 45 Magnum or a 45er Magnum without that "."
http://www.google.at/search?q=45er+magnum&hl=de&prmd=iv&ei=LvU0TP36GOPGOL_F7M0B&start=0&sa=N
check the first 10 pages and you'll see, that 90% of the german entries ommit the "."

Thats most likely because we don't measure calibre in inches but in milimeters which brings even the smallest calibers above 1 (standard pistols are calibre 9 mm) and so a gun name, that contains a number smaller than 1, appears weird to us. I do my math for a living and I call it a 45er too.

It might be the same in South America

On a side note, I don't think this is a very encouraging way to offer help:
Quote: "I am saying all of this to make your final product seem less nooby"
But maybe you can put so much effort to help genedestroier, that when it's finished, you don't think his game appears *nooby* at all

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 01:22
Quote: "I did realize that, and no need to get angry about anything."

i'm not angry, i'm just making fun of you

Quote: "So you are saying the system of measurements has changed in those 133 years? How big would this said 50. caliber be? You do need to know how cartridges are measure in today's time still to later apply it in a future/fictional setting. .50 and 50. can refer differently when dealing with calibers, since ".50" refers to .5 of an inch (which is half of an inch) and "50." refers to 50 inches. .50 BMG states that the diameter of the bullet is .5 of an inch. Now if you say 50. caliber, the bullet's diameter would be 50 inches long. Do you know how big that would be? It would take about 3+ guys to operate such a thing. You say your game it will changes, but you didn't refer to any system changes in your initial post."

i aways heard desert eagle 50.Caliber everywere i gone, i don't know what kind of measure is 50 caliber but i meam standart 50 caliber pistol or m107(the sniper)rounds, and i saw a documentary aboult us government weapon research in the history channel, they where talking about a mod for the m4a1 to use this kind of 50 caliber,(the pretty small one) but i didn't pay atention in any other detail, so i thought, people would think in a desert eagle or in that model pack 10 m107 sniper, not in a artilhery ammo, artilhery ? it's giant, that isn't almost the size of a v2?(the nazi rocket)man... how coud i possibly mean that, if i was talking about a ridiculus p90?

Quote: "I have a feeling you play MW2, first of all they aren't referred to as sniper rifle 50 caliber ammo, either .50 BMG or the Soviet 12.7x108mm rounds are used in scoped anti-materiel weapons. They aren't necessarily sniper rounds, since they were initially designed for HMG's (Heavy Machine Guns). Google isn't always the way to go since it could lead you to a MW2 influenced website that tells you riot shields can block anything in the world."

1. nope but i wanned to !!
2.probably noone would belive a riot shield will protect you by the 50.Caliber has i'm talking about, neyder yours
3.the rest, i have no idea, i didin't played the game.

Quote: "I think they would care if their weapons were 5+ times bigger than they are. Also, I don't believe swearing is allowed on TGC Forums even if it is censored."

i'm sorry my english isn't pretty good, what do you mean ? i didn't understood that swearing part, but is the aliens have they own measure sys, why it has to be equal to ours ?

Quote: "e.g. Magazines feed rounds into the chamber of a firearm, clips feed rounds into a magazine."

good to know thanks !!

the sys measure here in brasil is pretty different than yours, so you think it may be possible that the dubbing, has messed up everything? cuz inchs, what the hell is this ?
or the caliber measure is something global ?

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 01:42
yeahh.. storyteller01 that was exacly what was going on, thanks man !!!(or...woman, i don't know)

Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i'm not angry, i'm just making fun of you"

I see, my bad for misinterpreting your emoticon. We all make fun of eachother
Quote: "i aways heard desert eagle 50.Caliber everywere i gone, i don't know what kind of measure is 50 caliber but i meam standart 50 caliber pistol or m107(the sniper)rounds, and i saw a documentary aboult us government weapon research in the history channel, they where talking about a mod for the m4a1 to use this kind of 50 caliber,(the pretty small one) but i didn't pay atention in any other detail, so i thought, people would think in a desert eagle or in that model pack 10 m107 sniper, not in a artilhery ammo, artilhery ? it's giant, that isn't almost the size of a v2?(the nazi rocket)man... how coud i possibly mean that, if i was talking about a ridiculus p90? "

.50 AE is used in a Desert Eagle XIX.
.50 Beowulf is used in M4 and M16 based weapons with modified upper receivers.
.50 BMG is used in the Barrett M82A1/M107 SASR (Special Application Scoped Rifle). I wasn't referring to the P90 type weapon in any way. The way you said, would make some Americans confused (including me).
Quote: "1. nope but i wanned to !!
2.probably noone would belive a riot shield will protect you by the 50.Caliber has i'm talking about, neyder yours
3.the rest, i have no idea, i didin't played the game.
"

It is a terrible game IMO. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a more realistic modern shooter.
Quote: "
i'm sorry my english isn't pretty good, what do you mean ? i didn't understood that swearing part, but is the aliens have they own measure sys, why it has to be equal to ours ?"
Quote: "they'r aliems, the guys working in the quarks fortress ARE aliems they don't give a"""" by our weapon caliber size or organization."

The swearing had to do with the word between "a" and "by". I'm saying they would care, because it would be tedious to carry something 5 times bigger than they are.

Quote: "good to know thanks !!

the sys measure here in brasil is pretty different than yours, so you think it may be possible that the dubbing, has messed up everything? cuz inchs, what the hell is this ?
or the caliber measure is something global ?"

Glad to help! I overlooked the fact that you are from Brazil and don't quite understand American systems. I am extremely sorry on that part. I believe America to be the only country to use inches. An inch is about a little over 2 centimeters.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 04:19
Quote: "It is a terrible game IMO. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a more realistic modern shooter."

Whoo! you are right there good sir!! BC2 FTW!!

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 23:52 Edited at: 9th Jul 2010 00:00
i didn't knew call of duty mw2 was sutch a bad game, thanks, i'm not gonna waste my time in him, i saw a video in the youtube about a phase of the codmw2 where you have to kill a lot of inocsent people inside a airport, i though that terrible, what the hell the authors of the game was thinking !!!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 00:34 Edited at: 9th Jul 2010 00:35
Quote: "i didn't knew call of duty mw2 was sutch a bad game, thanks, i'm not gonna waste my time in him, i saw a video in the youtube about a phase of the codmw2 where you have to kill a lot of inocsent people inside a airport, i though that terrible, what the hell the authors of the game was thinking !!!"

Firstly, "him" is like a pronoun, so it should be "Im not gonna waste my time on it
and secondly, you kill them if you want.... cause simply you are given options to skip that mission...

-James
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 01:14
son... perfect english is not required arroud here...
and that video traumatized me, and how bigger is the team who make codmw2 ? why noone of them realised that scene was pure sadism ?
in my opinion, that was completely unnecessary, bad play, and be able to jump the phase doesn't change the fact that this scene keep existing anyway, so... i don't CARE...
and this thread is about MY GAME the stupid, of extremely bad quality, and graphicaly poor game... called 50.Caliber,
worse than codw2 ? totaly !!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 11:05
Quote: "why noone of them realised that scene was pure sadism ?"

What? Now I am not a big MW2 fan, but I don't think it was sadims. You can choose not to shoot them if you don't want to. It's not very much different than shooting any other pixel in the screen...

But I must say that your game has a good use of stock media. I like the story too, not another "I woke up in a zombie invasion I shoot all" The screenies architecture looks cool, I like all the machines there and the Metro Theater lamps fit quite well there I'd say keep it up, becouse that's a very good start.
Quote: "son... perfect english is not required arroud here..."

He knows that, but if someone tries to advice you, why not take that advice, only thing that can happen, is you can learn. I don't think he was trying to be rude. My english isn't perfect, but if someone wants to correct my spelling, then go ahead. I very much appreciate that.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 19:40
Quote: " I believe America to be the only country to use inches."

Ever heard of the UK?

This thread is 27 posts (28 now) long - over half way to becoming a hot thread, yet there is just one picture. Can we just forget about everything else for now and see more evidence of a game actually being made here? Also, your MW2 discussion will be summoning trolls to this thread. I suggest we say no more about it for now.

As for the screen, I quite like it, however I feel that the room is far too sqyare. It's also a little bit bland as well with a pretty boring selection of colours. Now, I agree that people work in well lit environments, but that light is going to do nothng for the view out that huge window. You'd just get reflections on it making it absolutely useless. I suggest you reduce the number of roof lights, reduce your light map range and start adding smaller lights. Have a fairly dark environment, but have the computer and terminal screens lit. Don't just slap down lighting but have a think and decide what type of colour you should add to the scene. Large coloured lights can look really bad, but small coloured lights that are carefully used to enhance a scene can look very good.
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 19:43
@Metal Devil123

he wanted to be rude, cuz i said bad things about a game he likes,
people of Argentina have a long history of jokes and despise against brazilians, so he wanted to be rude... and i don't know if it is an behaviour allowed in this forum, besides that, his correction was very useless, cuz i already knew about that.
was just a small error, there wasn't necessary an correction.
he wasn't increasing my knowledge.
and what is the direct conection with my game ? i didn't put very clear that this thread is about my game,only ?
he just did that to annoy me !

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 19:52
Quote: "As for the screen, I quite like it, however I feel that the room is far too sqyare. It's also a little bit bland as well with a pretty boring selection of colours. Now, I agree that people work in well lit environments, but that light is going to do nothng for the view out that huge window. You'd just get reflections on it making it absolutely useless. I suggest you reduce the number of roof lights, reduce your light map range and start adding smaller lights. Have a fairly dark environment, but have the computer and terminal screens lit. Don't just slap down lighting but have a think and decide what type of colour you should add to the scene. Large coloured lights can look really bad, but small coloured lights that are carefully used to enhance a scene can look very good.
"

it's not possible, that will break the light logic cuz that big ligths in the top emit too many fotons, you never saw that kind of light in markets ? it's supershiming and if i want to make it realistic, i woud have to sacrify the light darker a little, cuz it has no sense with low lights, and that map was corrected, it's really rockie job, i gonna bring something more logic, maybe make a video

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, firstly, i was not being rude, you are being rude.... now, if you want to "Game only" thread, you should post in another place.... you are being rude to everyone.... dude, i know i can sound rude sometime, but im not, now if you want to say i was rude, you would need to have proof, i just said something i wanted, that the error made my flyffi (dont know if its a word)
Now i wanted to tell that, cause i want all threads to look perfect...yee i have the "teh" typo but well i learn to type quickly with time and practice, time and practice, just want your thread looking good, and anyway, in the only screen you showed i could see some really cool stacked geometry, my style... got anything more to show...?

-James
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 20:42 Edited at: 9th Jul 2010 22:41
ehhh.. noone here have a perfect thread, they are all almost like this one, sorry if i look rude too,

back to the game i am ready to send the video and another images, of that same room, and maybe of the bar too

i over to send the video and the images...

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2010 15:43
lol 50. caliber, i feel bad for a soldier who needs to shoot that type of gun

anyway on-topic: I see a few light sources (white) but then i see red-colours, really weird if you ask me, turn the ambience a bit down, that will create a nice effect.

This game will need allot of work, and try to give us some more pictures where we can see more.

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2010 17:21
If you don't want this thread to be locked then please stick to the game and any constructive criticism you can provide.

For KeithC
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2010 18:42 Edited at: 12th Jul 2010 01:10
Quote: "If you don't want this thread to be locked then please stick to the game and any constructive criticism you can provide"

well about that...

i'm having a very weir problem in here, i'm using heavy use of global variations,fpgcrawtext,items activation, and i'm using it on characters, with redirect me to my question, is it possible that those global variations cause some kind of colateral effct when using alot of times in one map, cuz when i rum the fpsc one, it works all perfect, the tons of scripts runs fine, but then...
in the second time, chars don't spawn, swiths get messed up, everything can happen,and i didn't made any modification, since the time it works, and in the third time, it all get back to normal !!!! and i didn't changed a thing !!!
nevermind, was just a timer sys error in the scripts, making chars transparent, and swiths not activate...nothing weird

ASB Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
i honestly thought this was a model of a barret 50 cal
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 02:43
Quote: "i honestly thought this was a model of a barret 50 cal"

that's enough !!!

you're completely of-topic.

i'm not going to work like a slave(like a jackass) in this game, if everybody(and amazingly it incluides me !!! ) go of topic talking about a gun caliber or my sucky english !!!!
i know...i know... it looks like ridiculously stupid, but is what's going on here.

this thread was a disaster, first it started with that non-sence discution about weapons calliber...what the hell!!!!...and then we by nowhere just start talking about a non-fpscreator game, the codmw2,again...what the hell!!!!...and then an argentino takes the wave,and start complaning about my english,one more time...what... the hell!!!!!!...

what the hell = what the hell it has to do with my game !!!!

if thats turn the case, the mods have my full suport and recomendation to close this damm thread if they want, i will keep working in the game and maybe post some videos in this same thread.

Heroefol
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 10:37
There are people who like to chat whatever they want in threat. Do not stop working your game just becouse a few fellows were talking about mw2 and calibers, or your english which i understand very well. And they do too, but whatever. Keep updating this. Spirit is what you need!

AdrianMa
Years of Service
User Offline
Calm it mate. DarkJames may sound a little rude, which in my opinion he really didn't, but it was for the good of your thread. And all the talk about MW2 may be off topic, but they are relating it to your game. Please just calm down.

Other than that, your game looks good, just needs better lighting, and more entities.

Now don't take constructive criticism as a bad thing. They are what make your game look better, if you take the time to follow through with them. You posted it here to show your game to the people of this forum, so if they tell you what they like and what they don't, you can only learn from that right?

And I don't believe anyone was trying to insult you or be rude. Deltayo was only trying to make your game more professional and realistic.

-Adrian

Rest in peace Heltor. God bless you.
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 09:42
Why did you just bump an almost 2 month old thread?

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 10:04
Quote: "Why did you just bump an almost 2 month old thread"
Why not he probably had something to say
AdrianMa
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why did you just bump an almost 2 month old thread?"

Oops I just found it in a search and found the name interesting, I had no idea it was such an old thread. Apologies.

-Adrian

Rest in peace Heltor. God bless you.
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 20:41
@AdrianMa : i'm still waithing for some more critics that same level got extremely heavy, and i need a new computer to keep working in the game,just so you guys have an idea, those pictures show... emm...5 percent of the total segmet structure of the map ? (the walls,flors and cellings)i will see if i can post unleast a picture of the restaurant, the corridor where the player start, the arena or maybe a picture of the new area that i'm creating, those imajes also have almost nothing of objects or light logic, it's a very big map i having problems in that hardware bellow

pentium 4 3.20 ghz
nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb 128 bits
2 gb ram

@Zay i went in vacation and there i don't have the same scripts or models to keep things up, i get back 2 weeks ago, i still trying to fix my directx problem, it's affecting the performance of my entire sys here... the map is running in 10 fps, i can't even move , but i will get back to work soon,when i figure the problem here

cookies4u2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 06:30
Not to be buggy but when will the demo be out? I'm itchy to play it. (lol, itchy )
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2010 18:16 Edited at: 5th Nov 2010 18:28
i was busy, sorry, it WILL happen again cuz my pc was XXXX up 1 weak ago...i don't know when i'll be able to get back to work.

ohhh NO !! i have a mbr problem here, the game is dead, my files where all deleted...6 months of 8 hours per day of work destroyed....
i can't complain too much, that kind of thing happen a LOT with people, it's all going fine them you loose your job or them someone steal you...that's life.......................................................................................................................................

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 00:52 Edited at: 6th Nov 2010 00:53
That's exactly why I NEVER waste my time commenting screenshot albums or wet dreams (aka known as WIP threads):
Quote: " i have a mbr problem here, the game is dead, my files where all deleted"

The "FPSC Curse" strikes again.

I am/have been in a dozen game engine and modding cummonity boards but the ratio of developers who have hardware problems resulting in data loss is nowhere as high as here.

Of all the games in the WIP that never generated something playable, more than 10% failed due to a harddrive that burned, melted, magnet-wiped or has been eaten by the dog.

This ratio is incredibly high. Too incredibly high. So if the reason is not because people are cowardly lying about not being able to produce more than screenshots it HAS to be a curse and everyone posting in the WIP thread should be warned (best with a sticky).

Creating our own small games is not really worth destroying hard drives by the dozens.

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 20:12 Edited at: 7th Nov 2010 16:23
what ? no... i just put the win xp instalation cd before it boot, press r and tipe FIXBOOT...
all fixed...
in the end it wasn't any serious problem

Quote: "but the ratio of developers who have hardware problems resulting in data loss is nowhere as high as here."

emmm... seriously ? i have never saw any beyond me, most people save their maps somewhere outside their hd, in something like a pendrive.

Quote: "This ratio is incredibly high. Too incredibly high. So if the reason is not because people are cowardly lying about not being able to produce more than screenshots it HAS to be a curse and everyone posting in the WIP thread should be warned (best with a sticky)."

well i'm probably not one of them, i have a demo of the game here.
and men ! if work is in progress, it is in progress, but i have a life beyond fpsc, and i'm proud about that.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE FULL MAP,i can post it here, better, i can send the full map for you.
just don't be rude i'm not a REMOVED and member Moderated (using stars to swear).

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2010 10:23 Edited at: 7th Nov 2010 14:38
Quote: " emmm... seriously ? i have never saw any beyond me, most people save their maps somewhere outside their hd, in something like a pendrive."

happened again just today:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=176005&b=25

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 17:55
humm.. low content, simple pictures, and disturbly looked like with my thread, better launch those demos fast.

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 01:38
this thread RULES

Deathkon 3000

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:31:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:31:45