Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Emitter display problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 04:39
Hi Everyone,

I've just tried to add a particle emitter to my code for the first time, and it sends everything absolutely screwy. The emitter appears okay but it also covers the screen with horizontal and vertical lines in the same colour as the emitter. See the attached screen shot.

The weird thing is all the particle emitter demos work just fine and the emitter creation code is just the same as in the demos. I am only using one camera, and the camera is set to defaults.

Has anyone encountered this problem/bug? Can anyone recommend a fix?

Many thanks,
Mr Grumpy

GrumpyOne - the natural state of the programmer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GrumpyOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 14:21
I've investigated further.

The screen flicker lasts for approximately 1 sec and then disappears. It rotates with the camera as if it is produced by two orthogonal planes one in front of the camera and the other lying on the y coordinate of the emitter.

The vertical and horizontal lines disappear after 1 sec, however, a second spurious, flickering plane occurs just in front of the emitter (see arrow in attached screen shot).

I've tried recreating this error in the particle demos, but have been unable.

Mr Grumpy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 21:01
GrumpyOne just checking, do you have a phy update before every sync you have in your code?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
GrumpyOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2010 16:16
Hiya HowDo,

Yes there is only one sync in the code and it is immediately after phy update. I will bear this in mind though for when I debug using prin, sync, wait key sequences.

I've actually made a little headway. I've reduced the effect by (1) ensuring I set my graphics mode before a phy start() and by using "set object radius emitterobj, -1" after making the emitter. The flickering anomalous planes are now much less noticeable, but regrettably still there.

Mr Grumpy

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2010 16:32
try the phy update 0 at the begin then update 1 at the end. might do the trick.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:52:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:52:52