Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / pixel by pixel?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possible in paint(or something similar) to draw sprites by moving to each coordinate with the arrow keys?

psn: Spifffy
"dont change your game based on what someone who wouldn't like it either way says"-the kid uptop
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2010 22:53
I remember some old school 'bitmap font' editors that edited 8x16 pixel fonts, or 8x8 pixel fonts.. they used just the keyboard arrow keys to move the target 'pixel' around and hitting spacebar would togle it on/off. it was actually some 'bitwise' code on 8 bit computers, but it was simple and worked,.. I guess if you keep the sprites small, like max 16x24/32 it might be workable. if the sprites are too big, hitting the arrow keys for movement might get very tedious.

and that's what I think.

Cheers!

P.S. if you meant just moving the cursor around for fine tune adjustments, that's what the zoom modes in most paint programs is for.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:46:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:46:16