Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / More bsp frustration

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 15:30
When I load my bsp map in dbpro, I get this annoying bugs:
(my BSP is made with hammer + zhlt)

1. Total lack of manual collision funtionality (auto collision works)
2. Inserting a regular object with ghosted property's makes the whole scene (bsp included) ghosted.
3. LOS for BSP was promised, where is it?

If anyone knows the answers to some of these questions please help, these bugs are driving me nuts.

This is so frustrating!!! whats the point in patching when for every bug that get fixed, two new bugs appears?

God knowns how many new bugs will appear when patch3 is released. Well, I guess God doesn't have a clue ,only DBS do.

Jevla møkka program!
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 16:20
Patch 3 will be a core command patch only (late Nov.)
Patch 4 will be a 3D commands patch + new 3d engine system (around christmas) It looks like you have to wait a little longer till your bugs get fixed ... but they will be fixed !

Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Fixing bugs is like flattening bubbles in wallpaper sometimes. You only realise a new bubble has formed when you step back and look at everything again

Please send me your BSP level and source code so I can see what problems you are having to lee@darkbasic.com. I am curious, what is LOS?

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 23:15
Line of site

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
mimesis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 16:07
Thanx for the reply's.
So, BSP problems will get fixed by patch 4? Thats so good to know. It's really frustrating when u got these bugs that
makes it impossible to continue on u're work.
Lee, I'll send u my project asap.

By LOS I mean Line Of Sight. Similar to the: 'Static line of sight' set of functions found on DB1.x
This is indispensable for designing the AI that drives the bots on my deathmatch type of game.

The 'BSP COLLISION HIT' set of functions are indispensable for: game-physics,AI and other collision stuff, witch as we all r aware of are just not working. At least not on 'REAL BSP's`' generated by programs like hammer,quark and qoole.

I really hope DBS will get MDL models to work also.
Loading meshdef characters as X object creates just to much system overhead if u try to load as many as lets say 24.

--Bassi
Zed
Years of Service
User Offline
Some BSP problems are fixed in patch 3 - probably not the ones your after though.

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 21:43
(That's right! It's my famous post again): I hope you fix the free flight controls too

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:08:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:08:39