Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / AppUp - Super Static Party

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 06:11 Edited at: 13th Jul 2010 06:39
Since our previous major title, Last Life, Powerboard Productions has been a bit preoccupied with outsource - but we have now finally released a game on the AppUp store. This one is pretty much all me - testing the boundaries of the AppUp validation process. It's good to know DarkBasic now has an outlet for it's technical calibur. Time to make some commercial material!

We call the game Super Static Party.

We've recently become very interested in 'short games' and are making an attempt to contact various DarkBasic authors in the hope of supporting their transition to AppUp. It's kind of invite-only at this point but feel free to email us at Powerboard to see if you fit the bill.

Download our game from the store and enjoy it!

(EDIT: a few image probelms.)

Powerboard Productions
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 15:23
Looks great! - just the sort of thing that will appeal to netbook owners I think, bright, clear visuals, and it looks really stylish and appealing. I can't really tell from the screenshots, but it looks almost like a technicolour zombie invasion! (ideal!).

Good luck, we are all anticipating a major surge in activity, once AppUp is included on netbooks as standard (should be happening in the next month or so), then it'll really take off - so your timing is probably perfect. Netbooks are a great platform for quirky, interesting puzzle games, and a format that will make you guys some decent cash I hope.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2010 22:42
This looks really great, I am currently developing a game for appup with GDK, it will be my first completed game. I will post a demo when I'm nearly done, this post just give my motivation a boost.

Good luck with this, it would be interesting to know how many you sell although you may want to keep that information confidential which is understandable if thats the case.

MMM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 06:27
@Van B - thanks mate. This game is actually based on an old prototype of mine (Extatex) which I believe I posted here a while ago. A few GUI tweaks were in order but otherwise the target market is pretty much coincidence on this one. The timing was not, however.

Starting to think we need a board dedicated to AppUp... Generate some interest with a library and wot-not.

@matty - it's good that you're getting involved with AppUp, I'm looking forward to seeing your demo. As far as money or copies-sold go, consider right now that some of the most popular games on the store have only sold around 20-30 copies. At $2-3 a pop, do the math. There isn't much money in this game right now - but the production and distribution possibilities are far more valuable than the revenue.

Working in an actual video-game production environment (for an existing company) is a dead give-away of the merits involved in AppUp. And that is precisely why Powerboard and I are trying to help out the 'little' guys.

Powerboard Productions
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 18:14
Quote: "feel free to email us at Powerboard to see if you fit the bill."

Where is your email? I wasn't going to email you yet but would be good to know there is help out there if needed.

Its a shame these games are making so little right now, I told my wife my game would make us some money, thats the only reason she lets me sit at my computer for hours and hours while she watches the kids

Maybe when appup gets out of beta phase those figures will improve.
I'm excited about actually completeing a game so that should keep me going.

Anyway, couple of questions.
Would you see the use of physX in my game being a problem?
Can you also sell your game elsewhere when its on the appup store?

Thanks.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 01:58
Liking the look of the new game!!! I loved last life and the success it had. I was thinking my new game (WIP) "Soma" might be good for an App (with some slight adjustments).

Link to Soma:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=172801&b=8

MMM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 06:40 Edited at: 20th Jul 2010 07:14
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words as always. You can find our email here.

Obviously we don't discuss detailed business in the open arena of forums but we do welcome all emails and will reply as quickly as we can.

For the record, we haven't started promoting Super Static Party yet so there's no press lying around - but we hope to get some interest drummed up next month when we have the time for releases.

EDIT: updated link!

Powerboard Productions
MMM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 10:10
Double Post!

Just wanted to mention thanks to the crew for the fantastic write-up in the most recent newsletter. Here's hoping there will be a continued sharing of ideas as we release more games.

Speaking of which, the AppUp game competition mentioned in the newsletter is the perfect oportunity to contact Powerboard about publishing assistence. Just Saying.

Thanks again guys.

Powerboard Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:45:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:45:08