Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / The 3D Gamemaker... dead?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 18:41
Hi,

I couldn't find any category to match this, so please forgive me if this is the wrong spot...

Back in 2004, I bought the 3D Gamemaker. I made a game with it on a Windows '98 machine. I also ran the game on Windows XP back then, and it worked fine.

Years have passed obviously, and I now wanted to run the game I made way back. I'm on Vista... the game ran perfectly one time on my Vista machine, but now it no longer plays, it just gives me an error "Runtime Error: ERROR 136".

I then installed the Gamemaker software... it installs, but once I go to deploy a game... it comes up with a similar error.

Question: is there an updated version for Vista? If not, are there any known practices available so that I can get the 3DGM software and my old game to run again?
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
It could be a directX error. Other suggestions: run the program as an administrator (right click and choose it, even if you have administrative status already) or try the option when you right click to run it in XP mode (that never worked for me but its supposed to work).

Hope this helps

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 23:07 Edited at: 14th Jul 2010 23:11
@massD

Erro code 136 in DarkBASIC Classic is PATH DOES NOT EXIST. Since the 3d Gamemaker was built using DarkBASIC Classic, I would guess that the error is the same.

What I would guess is happening, is some default paths or directories do not exist or you do not have the proper permissions to access them in Vista. In windows 98, the security was different and the directory structure so the 3d gamemaker just ran without these considerations.

The path in question might be C:\windows\temp which is the default directory that versions of DBC < 1.20 used. If there is any setup for the 3d Game Maker, check to see what directories it is trying to store stuff in. You may have to change the 3d game maker's security rights to administrator or, if possible, change the paths that are being written to.

Enjoy your day.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2010 13:46
Hey I've attached a tutorial I found a few weeks ago so i thought it might help.

Abdul Ahad

Attachments

Login to view attachments
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2010 02:58
good day

it seems the "3D Gamemaker" was rebuilt

now it's named "X-Quad Editor"

if you buy the full Dark Basic Pro package you get
the Original DarkBasic On the dvd

also there is update to the DarkBasic
from 1.13 to 1.21 well rile 1.14

If a thought is Just a thought ~ so whats the main thought ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:50:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:50:08