Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / DarkGDK.NET new version?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 14:36
A year is passed, but the new release of DarkGDK.NET is still missing...

How much we have to wait for the next release with all bug fixes we are all waiting for?

Thanks

ByteStorms
Bytes from incoming years
www.bytestorms.com
GMS0012
Years of Service
User Offline
thats the problem of a one man army...

it always depends on him..

so i switched to an alternative....
Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 21:12
Is it possible to know the ETA of the new release? My team needs to start developing a new commercial-game, but we would like to work with the newest release.

Thanks

@GMS0012: which alternative?

ByteStorms
www.bytestorms.com
GMS0012
Years of Service
User Offline
leadwerks

also c#..
under developtment
active community
Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2010 16:46
i've taken a look to leadwerks and it seems great, but we are a very small company with a little budget, so we would like to develop with tools we already have!

I've just checked my products history on my profile and it says that DarkGDK.NET has been updated on 19th Jan 2010... what does this mean? Is a real update, or a "web site restyling" issue?

ByteStorms
www.bytestorms.com
Kanati2
Years of Service
User Offline
Also interested if this is an ongoing work since I just purchased it...
Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 16:44
Summer is at its best, I know, but I need to know something about this .

Can anybody at TGC tell me something?

Thanks

ByteStorms
www.bytestorms.com
hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 20:17
Quote: "I've just checked my products history on my profile and it says that DarkGDK.NET has been updated on 19th Jan 2010... what does this mean? Is a real update, or a "web site restyling" issue?"

I Think it was a Web Site Restyling Issue!

Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 16:35
Thanks for the reply hackinc 2000

ByteStorms
www.bytestorms.com
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 21:12
Yoda,

I've not released an update yet because the DGDK libraries have not been updated wither. If there are minor bugs in the classes themselves, these can be temporarily avoided by calling the underlying Interop functions directly. See the Advanced help file for the proper calling conventions.

Until TGC update the C/C++ version, there is no reason to release a full version update because it requires a fare amount of work to test and rebuild all of the prerequisites.

Paul.

Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 15:00
Ok, thanks for the reply!

We'll start developing our new game very soon with this toolkit!

Matteo

ByteStorms
www.bytestorms.com
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 21:23
Any status updates on this now that GDK is up to U7.5?

Kanati2
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump again.
Creating Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Should we consider DarkGDK.net a 'dead' product?
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 18:50 Edited at: 16th Feb 2011 21:00
I certainly don't want to step on any toes here, as I believe DarkGDK.NET is APEXnow's product, not TGC's. But I'm hoping to provide a solution for your customers if they require support for the latest version of DBP for their products.

Please let me know if you would rather I not post this information here, APEXnow. I will remove it if you request it.

To DarkGDK.NET users:

For those of you who don't know, PureGDK is a port of the DLL-based DarkBasic Professional engine to a language agnostic C interface. This is in contrast to DarkGDK which is statically linked.

PureGDK is binary compatible with all "Darkbasic Professional" plugins. This includes any plugin listed to support DBP in TGC store and any user plugin. It also provides additional features not found in DBP and DarkGDK products such as:

All of DBP compressed down into a single DLL
Engine customization; basic 3D in less than 800 KB!
Future support is anticipated for additional programming languages.
Language agnostic interface; all exports are C function calls
Internal multithreading support. Go thread crazy!
Enhanced commands including true support for structured parameters
Potential support for rendering in a web browser
Rewritten, extremely fast 3D math library
New support for char, byte, word, quad, and pointer datatypes
New support for pragmatically defining constants and structures
Improved documentation for all DarkBasic Professional commands
Superior runtime error support that is thread-aware
Easy to use command line tools for automated compiling
Plugin-based parser. Adding support for your own language is a breeze!

C++ Projects supported by PureGDK out of the box:
GNU make/g++ (gcc compiling may require setup)
nmake/vc++ (vcvars32.bat compiling should work out of the box)
Visual Studio 6
Visual Studio .NET
Visual Studio .NET 2003
Visual Studio 2005
Visual Studio 2008
Visual Studio 2010

The new engine is extremely lightweight and highly customizable. And best of all, it's fully compatible with DBP's plugins.

Now you can enjoy the power of DarkBasic Professional from your favorite language. And if you have multiple favorites-- no problem!

Program using your favorite IDE. Any IDE. Any language!

Screenshot of PureGDK and the PureBasic IDE:

Screenshot of PureGDK and the Qt Creator C++ IDE:

Here is a video of a C++ example project being run and debugged from the Qt Creator IDE. It also demos the flexibility of PureGDK by compiling from a UNIX (cygwin) command line using Make and the GNU g++ compiler. It should work with most any C/C++ compiler.

http://puregdk.com/files/upload/TGCForum/pgdk_cpp_demo_xvid.avi

PureGDK 2.0 comes with support out of the box for the PureBasic language (building on previous PureGDK releases) as well as C++. It can generate headers to work with other languages by writing a simple plugin for the library builder tool.

Additionally, an added bonus is that this open design is that the implementation is not hidden. It is described within the plugin used to build the headers for the target language. So if you prefer to use your own implementation for ID handles with reference counting perhaps, or some other custom wrapper object instead of IDs, it's possible to override the default function's behavior.

For example, by applying an override template parameter and reimplementing the ID allocation and return type, you can perform something like this:

The potential for PureGDK is an immense improvement over the existing DarkGDK products and I encourage my users to dive into the code and truly customize the engine to suite their needs.

What does this mean for DarkGDK.NET?

PureGDK does not provide out-of-the-box support for anything .NET and I do not have any personal experience with .NET programming. However, the interface is designed to be extensible and header generation programmatic. Support for your favorite .NET language can be added by authoring a new plugin to generate the headers by modifying one of the existing plugin's source code in the PureGDK SDK.

I would love to see .NET support for PureGDK and would be willing to offer a free copy to any participants in the development of a .NET plugin (see the PureGDK SDK!) to generate the headers.

PureGDK is completely free right now while it's in beta. It is also compatible with the free version of DarkBasic Professional so you can be up and running without having to spend a dime.

Download and install your own copy of DBP or the free version here:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2000

Update DarkBasic Professional to the latest supported release. PureGDK is currently being tested on the 7.5 release but should be compatible with future versions barring unforeseen changes.

Download and install the PureGDK beta:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=177817&b=38

Navigate to the program files directory and you can run any of the examples provided there. Precompiled binaries are also included.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:02:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:02:27