Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / World War One

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a game i started a while back. Its a trench warfare game where the objective is to kill the opposing team without dieing (pretty simple really). i've done about 3 weeks (on and off) work on it so far, but havent done much on it for a while.

This is a video i made from it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSG4Ko1BxWs

i may post a demo if i get some intrest in it.

There is no such thing as "Too Fast!"
OldPMan
TGC Store Seller
Years of Service
User Offline
Very many people like the theme of World War . Confused by the darkness around. For 3 weeks I do not think continuing work on the project looks decent. Not bad. Do not leave this project.

.....already beside..... for all
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2010 13:17
That's pretty cool for 3 weeks!

I want robotic legs.
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 03:52
I like the aesthetic. The models and textures go quite consistently together. I like how you have bullet tracers flying over the top of the trenches. The guy seems to walk up the trench sides too easily though. Also IRL climbing out of the trenches meant you'd probably get killed.

I'm sure you can sort this stuff out in another 3 weeks.
Rapidrory
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Dr Tank
I tried making it more realistic, but as you said you just got killed as soon as you go over the top. Even so its still really quite hard to complete (and would be even harder if the German guns actually worked properly ) Im also looking at adding ladders to the trenches as they would have been used by that stage of the war, and historical correctness is one main thing Im going for with this game (except for the German models which are Nazi's).

There is no such thing as "Too Fast!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 22:59:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 22:59:30