Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Sprite priority bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 03:01 Edited at: 29th Jul 2010 14:17
I don't know if this is really a bug or not, but DBPro never used to do this before.

Whenever I create a new sprite it automatically defaults to the lowest priority; the older sprites show up in the foreground.

I can easily fix it by changing them to the top priority, but as a result of this my older programs are having sprites that don't show up without modification to the program.

I believe this started happening after upgrade 7.4 was installed, but it may have been 7.5.

Edit:
Actually, I've figured out; it's the image number that's causing it. The sprites with higher [bimage numbers[/b] come to the front, which didn't happen before.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 15:19
The sprites are sorted before being rendered to ensure that they are rendered correctly and in the fastest sequence possible.

The sort order is by sprite priority, then image id, then transparency, and finally, to break ties, by the sprite id.

Before 7.4, sprites were not really sorted, but were rendered in sprite priority and then sprite id sequence - the method used to get this order was slower, and in the case of multiple priorities, massively slower.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:36:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:36:24