Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [PhysX] will not compile...really annoying

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 08:00
Hi,
I've downloaded all of the most recent updates for DBP and PhysX and I have validated everything...

I cannot compile any code, not even...

phy start
suspend for key

I keep getting the widows error report message(you know, the one where you can "send error report" or "don't send")

If it helps, I'm running XP 32-bit SP3 with an older ATI Radeon 9200 card.

As a side note, all the demo .exe's work fine, until I open the source in DBP and compile it myself.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

metal is not music but a way of life...all hail to the reigning king METALLICA!!!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 17:25
have you look at this link and said yes to all of them?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 17:46 Edited at: 29th Jul 2010 18:03
hahaha the infamous list
i've scoured the forums for a possible solution and everybody keeps pointing to "the list".

yeah,I yes to all of them. Thanks for the reply, but i don't know what to do. I guess i will uninstall and reinstall then verify again, every number on "the list". If that doesn't work I guess I will just cry and put my thumb in my mouth whilst lying in the fetal position wrapped around my mothers hairy left leg.....sorry i get a little carried away sometimes

[EDIT] ok... so i tried what i said and for a couple of compile attempts i did not get the error report pop-up, but instead i got a....
"this program failed to blah blah because ... cudart_'something'.dll was not found. reinstalling the program might fix the problem... i assumed it was the latest physx update so i reinstalled it then.....BAM! error report screen again...???!!!

metal is not music but a way of life...all hail to the reigning king METALLICA!!!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 18:07

So it looks like you have said yes to all, if nothing works after you done a re- install I do Have One more thing to try.

Unless you want to jump in NOW and try it? cause it will involve re instilling every thing.

MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 18:09
what should i try?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 18:17
Can you tell me when you run the install for Dark PhysX does the load bar get 70 or 80 and jump to the end or just finshes.

MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 18:26
no it went through the 90's all the way up....? what was your theory?

MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 18:37 Edited at: 29th Jul 2010 18:38
i apologize but i just got off of work so i need to go to sleep. i genuinely appreciate your help and, if you are willing, will continue our troubleshooting at a later time. I will check this post right when i wake up. Thanx again, really.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 18:42
No worries, try again after you've had some sleep, It just might work, or you'll see something you missed.

what I was going to sugguest would not have helped as you were not getting a install problem with dark physx.

sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 00:26
I have done evry thing on the list and it will not work for me.
renny

Life is not fair, so deal with it.
http://www.gusroundtable.com/
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 00:29
sadsack can you confrim

1. that the keywords turn blue.
2. if you get an error what does it say.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 00:41
Well this is what I was going to post be will put on here and see if anyone gets the dark physx going after doing it.

-----------------------------------------------------
if it looks like the installer is not install the code, load bar jump to the end after just doing 20 30% of the loading.
-----------------------------------------------------

This problem can occur from time to time. To solve it go to c:\program files\installshield installation information. You will probably see a large list of folders in here all with very long names.
There will likely be two folders for Dark Physics
{8EC28FBE-59C4-4FBC-B707-F8FDAE3CCAEE}
and
{76431DB7-7827-4BA3-98B6-C686AAD21868}.
To confirm these are the correct ones go into each of these folders and open Setup.ini. There will be a listing for AppName. Ensure it contains the keywords Dark Physics. If it does then delete both of these folders.

Now go to the directory where DB Pro is installed and then into the Compiler folder and finally plugins-licensed. In here delete DarkPhysics.dll, NxCharacter.dll, NxCooking.dll, NxExtensions.dll and PhysXLoader.dll. These are the core files for Dark Physics.

Next download the latest version of Dark Physics and install this. Also grab the latest drivers if you not done so already.

MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 04:28
well even though it appeared to install properly...

I looked at your latest post(howdo) and I went through to find those 2 folders. I did not find the INSTALL SHIELD folder in program files so i copied and pasted {8EC28FBE-59C4-4FBC-B707-F8FDAE3CCAEE} into the search app from the start menu. It found it for me, i opened the "containing folder" and {76431DB7-7827-4BA3-98B6-C686AAD21868} was not there.

Keep in mind that i have already updated to dark physx 105.

I went ahead and deleted the {8EC28.... folder after verifying that the setup.ini said "dark physics".

I then deleted the plugins that you said to and went back to the darkphysics v1_ install, and then, WITHOUT uninstalling dark physics, and without deleting any of the v105 upgrade stuff, I "repaired" my install of the older dark physics version.

I then went to DBP and typed in...

phy start
make object cube 1,1
suspend for key

IT WORKED!

so then i went to the "vehicle" demo source, opened that in DBP and for the first time...IT WORKED...im not sure yet (100%) but it seems to be working

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 12:25
Yeah! well done, hope to hear from you again soon for how do you make it do such and such.

also remember that are only a few of us around who just about understand it, plus if you search this section only of the forum with the word blue, you will find the keywords index to add to the help files.

happy coding..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:41:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:41:58