Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I'm considering getting DarkAI for an RTS game, and i'm wondering whether it supports multiple different groups of enemies, that would attack each other.

The information on the website says only 3 different teams are supported :/

Thanks

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 13:33
You can only assign players other than the actual player to "Enemies", "Friends" or "Neutral" that's correct...

You might be able to cheat if you can keep them seperate enough from each other though. If two enemy teams met and no other teams were in that area you could convert one enemy team into a friendly team temporarily until their battle was 'over'.

I guess it would depend on your game

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
If you ever keep up with FPSC you might notice that I allowed for factions with the Dark AI I integrated into FPSC. Essentially you just have to declare every AI as an enemy. Then you can use the Dark AI target commands to add and or remove a target from the AI's targeting list. In short, yes this is possible although it is slightly more work then simple Ally vs Enemy combat.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 18:19
I didn't know that you can tell an enemy target a 'team-mate' using those commands. That's very useful!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup

Below is a very quick edit of the "Teams Demo" that comes with Dark AI. You'll notice that the green team attacks you, the white team, and the red team. The red team attacks you,the white team, and the green team and etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:36:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:36:49