Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / What Happened to the Showcase Page?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
There used to be a showcase page that listed many different apps and games that users of DB had programmed in the past. Things like Vanseam, CodeKeeper, MatEdit, a whole bunch of different games and stuff... Has that page been removed or is it hiding somewhere?

Enjoy your day.
Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 05:34
I think TGC is in the process of killing DBC. They're putting all of their focus on FPSC and some in DBP; I highly doubt they're making much money from DBC anyways, especially since DBP is free now.

Look at your sig. Now look at mine. Now look at your sig. Now look at mine. Now look at your sig. Now BACK TO MINE.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 06:01
Maybe those things got moved to program announcements or codebase?

Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 06:27
Yes, I used to enjoy the showcase. I downloaded like 30 or 40 games from it, and still play them. I guess you can still find good homemade games at the program anouncements forum.

Coding is just better with music
God Bless!
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2010 06:16
amazingly , dbc has such a wide range of compatibilty. Things compiled with it will run on windows 7 , but I dont know about the compiler itself.
@Latch&Obese
You guys have always been helpful to me and I would like to return the favor. shoot me an email if you would.
Thanks !!!

bluestar4~
---Missle Might - Hero Battles - Zillipede --- which do you like the best ?
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Bluestar4,

Glad to be of service!

Quote: "shoot me an email if you would."

The email I used for communications from these forums seems to not work for some strange reason. So I'll have to create another account at some point.

Until then, is it something you can mention here, or not?

Enjoy your day.
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2010 11:03
You know, I kind of like playing with the mattedit. It was a nice little program. But it was not the only one because there were a lot of programs in the showcase done with dark basic. I made sure that I backed up a copy of dark edit in the event that it ever became hard to find though and I may have matedit somewhere as well.
Quote: "is it something you can mention here, or not"

probably not.

bluestar4~
---Missle Might - Hero Battles - Zillipede --- which do you like the best ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:58:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:58:58