Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Emergence - new electronic ensemble - fast paced excitement.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 06:17
Hi all,

I've finally made a song that has raised the bar over all of my previous works!!

Emergence is a fast-paced, rich electronic ensemble that reminds me of music from the Castlevania(tm) series, but with a more mysterious twist. The song is filled with every part necessary, and endlessly loops.

http://www.mattmcfarland.com/index.php/latest-tracks/36-exciting/140-qemergenceq-emergencemp3.html

let me know what you think

It's free to use if you give me the credit, thanks!

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 23:28
You've got a great site there for game devs, I'm sure I'll be putting it to good use .

Latest progress: Fog of War implemented; frustrated by pathfinding >.>
Matt McFarland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2010 04:30
Thanks man!

Yeah, I've added some more songs! if you have any requests for a free song I'll make ya one providing I get to showcase it on my site

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 09:57
Haha, this kind of music makes me nervous

On the whole, it's got a pretty full sound even though the instrumentation sounds pretty simplistic (as in rather few instruments) - thanks to the heavy reverb. It's just on the edge to being overdone, but it still keeps on the right side and the sounds refrain from really smearing into eachother. On the melody, it is kind of cool, but I personally find some parts a bit repetitive, others a tad too random. Especially the screech lead/pad that comes in at 2:15 is a bit too off for my tastes. The bridge just before that part is pretty bad ass though

Still, if you're into the trance stuff I guess its not bad... it gets rather enticing after a while. I can imagine some light show to it...
On the rhytms it sounds somewhat Kraftwerk-esque, which I guess is always good, for the entrancing part as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:54:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:54:32