Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBPro U7.5] scale object destroys lighting

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 14th Aug 2010 01:39 Edited at: 14th Aug 2010 03:38
Edit!!! Reject this - I completely forgot about the "set normalization on" command which solves the problem.
I seem to be having a bad evening.

Original post follows:

An old problem reported on the following thread has either been reintroduced or never been corrected.

How do you avoid 'white-out' when scaling an object?

The following simple variation of IanM's code from that thread shows the problem clearly: press the up/down keys and the lighting changes whereas it shouldn't with the default directional light:

Here's another snippet which shows three spheres side by side: the centre one is unscaled (lit correctly), the left and right-hand ones have been scaled by 10% and 1000% respectively (both lit incorrectly). They should all be identically lit. The text at the top shows that the normals are correct. I suspect the world matrix has been used incorrectly in the lighting calculation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:36:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:36:26