Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / New to GDK.NET, couple of issues I have found.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First, not being able to assign a bitmap or image, as opposed to loading it off disk makes it hard to secure my assets. Taking a stream would be wonderful.

Second, Basic3D.3DObject.AppendAnimation(...) either does not work, or I am using it wrong. I would expect after appending further animations I would end up with more animation frames, but I don't. I did read about limb names being the same, however I am using the character models from DARKMatter for this example, which I would assume are built that way.

Third, using ANY of the included samples, if I switch to FullScreen, I get an access violation on the Sync command.

Any help is appreciated.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Years of Service
User Offline
well at least #3 is fixed, started a new blank project, and got full screen to work.

One other question I have, in game screen-shot... I tried with an image, defining the screen rectangle in the constructor, and the image reports correct sizes. However, if I call the save function, the image is always 2048x2048. If I create a blank image with screen dimensions it saves it properly, but if its the image constructor that takes 4 coords, no go.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Years of Service
User Offline
Fixed the new issue, just had to pass the correct TextureFlag of noscale, etc.

Number 1 is workable, number 2 really sucks, at the moment I am creating 3d objects for each animation, keeping their movement, heading, etc in sync and hiding all but the current animation. This works fine, but I worry about a large number of objects as I add more models.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Years of Service
User Offline
I am attempting to use the ResourceAssembly now, I have added one of the DARKMATTER animations (H-Ninja-Die.x), set it in the project as an embedded resource, but when I attempt to use it (it loads the assembly fine) but I get an exception when trying to create a Object3d by name.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

StackTrace " at DarkGDK.ResourceAssembly.ExtractFile(String resourceName)\r\n at DarkGDK.Basic3D.Object3D..ctor(ResourceAssembly resourceAssembly, String resourceName)\r\n "....

Does anyone read these anymore?

Rocinante

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:52:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:52:16