Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Tool to automatically link DBPro commands into your TCP Projects!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2010 02:19 Edited at: 1st Sep 2010 03:06
Yep,
whilst waiting for my other posts to be moderated for approval, I developed this tool, to generate C++ files automatically, allowing the TPC developer to access most of the DBPro commands without the headache.

Here is a screenshot of the tool from 3 different angles;

As simple as it looks, it generates nicely formatted, commented code for you, allowing you to focus more on the TPC programming.

TO use it, simply add the generated CPP and H files into your project, be sure to include 'dbpInterface.h' and then utilise it in the following manner;

Known Issues
* - Due to lack of documentation regarding alternative data types the DBPro dll's send and recieve, some functions will be skipped.
* - Only tested on DBPro standard libraries, with success.

Changes
* - [1.3 BETA] Fixed an error relating to casting data types.
* - [1.3 BETA] Included Documentation.

Download
You can download the BETA version from the link below;

Link Removed. Update Pending.

Keep in mind.. It is a BETA version, so I will be looking for your feedback to improve it's functionality, and to provide a more effective and efficient tool in the next update.

Thank you,

Mikey

::Hybrid Two::Binary Zoo::RGT Veteran::
MikeRK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2010 12:41 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2010 13:29
New version uploaded, a few bugs ironed out, and the code a little bit more efficient.

Also added a Select All, and Invert Selection to the library selection pane, for easier use.

Though the more libraries you choose the more code it generates, which may have impact on performance where every millisecond per frame counts.... Be Warned.

Mikey

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2010 22:00
Sorry for being stupid, I am slightly confused, what does this do exactly? From what I gather, something like converting DBP code into C++ code?

MikeRK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 16:49
It's a tool that will examine all the plug-ins (standard and user) in the DBPro installation, it will then generate a class for each plug-in as well as functions to call each compatible function.

It then creates a base class that will access all the individual classes, giving you (the programmer) access to the DBPro functions from within your own TPC source code.

Fixed Version (Still BETA) Uploaded. Refer to first post.

Mikey

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2010 01:53 Edited at: 28th Aug 2010 01:54
Ah cool, I am looking for something to do the reverse. I want something that will scan a namespace and generate the link table:

so:

becomes:

Not sure if this is within the scope of your application, but if it is then it is a feature request .

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2010 16:06
Quote: "TCP Projects"

Uh, don't you mean TPC

[b]
MikeRK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 13:07
@Diggsey: Yeah lol, It was an innocent typo... I was very tired when I posted it.

@Michael P: Completely different thing needed for that, you would need a tool that parses the C++ code, where as this tool merely generates C++ code based on templates.

When I get some time off the current game framework I'm working on in DBP with a friend, I'll see if I can offer a solution.

Mikey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:53:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:53:26